Qualify Offers due today

harfman77

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 08:39 PM)
But if history is any indication, no one is going to give him that with the draft pick attached.

I agree with what you're saying, I really don't get it either. He's not worth the 15.3M QO or losing a draft pick over. If he accepts the QO he will be untradeable without the Rockies sending money with him. I'm stumped like everyone else to be honest.

Maybe they plan on trading Morneau and playing Cuddyer at 1B? Heck if I know...

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 09:52 PM)
I agree with what you're saying, I really don't get it either. He's not worth the 15.3M QO or losing a draft pick over. If he accepts the QO he will be untradeable without the Rockies sending money with him. I'm stumped like everyone else to be honest.

Maybe they plan on trading Morneau and playing Cuddyer at 1B? Heck if I know...

Yeah, someone has to go for sure, and you'd assume it ISN'T Dickerson or Stubbs because he's the only one that can really play CF. CarGo? Morneau?

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 10:27 PM)
Blackmon or CarGo would be my guesses. Dickerson is only 25 Id be shocked if they moved him. They have a surplus of outfielders. Matches up well with our need for a LF.

And who here is willing to give up Tim Anderson for Blackmon?

Montas?

Because that will be the asking price...not 2-3 "second tier" guys like Beck, Sanchez and Trayce Thompson cobbled together into a package.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 10:39 PM)

Montas?

Because that will be the asking price...not 2-3 "second tier" guys like Beck, Sanchez and Trayce Thompson cobbled together into a package.

I'd absolutely swap Montas for Blackmon, but not Anderson.

Blackmon, even in his breakout year, was only a 2.0 WAR. That's just about league average. He had a bad 2nd half to the season, and he hit 90 pts better at home than away (.330 vs. .240). I think I'd prefer Stubbs skillset, but Blackmon is lefthanded and controlled for 4 more years, while Stubbs only has 1 year left. It's kind of a toss-up in my mind, unless we can offer Stubbs an extension of something like 3 yrs/$30M or something.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 11:39 PM)

Montas?

I highly doubt the FO is eager to deal either Top 100 prospect for Charlie Blackmon. Not really sure why this fanbase values other teams players so highly and six players so low, but Blackmon is nothing special at all.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 09:14 PM)
Yeah, someone has to go for sure, and you'd assume it ISN'T Dickerson or Stubbs because he's the only one that can really play CF. CarGo? Morneau?

Maybe the surplus of OF players in CO. is too obvious and the Sox are looking at Morneau? Morneau batting behind Abreu is intruiging and it opens up a spot for Cuddyer at 1B for the Rockies. From a Sox perspective, one would think its a LH bat the Sox would be interested in.

Montas?

I'm not sure I'd do it. Just saying they are a good match. I really like Montas and Anderson nor do I want to trade them. Id have to really think about what I'd give up for blackmon. He's a 28 left handed hitter we could use and under control.

Montas?

Did you mean Dickerson?

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 04:09 PM)
Yea he should - but do the Pirates want him to?

And is anyone really going to sign Liriano and give up a draft choice and give him some multiple year deal at 15 mill per? I know the Braves signed Santana for 1 years, but they were desperate after a lot of injuries.

I think it's a win-win for the Pirates. He should accept because many teams won't want to pay him and give up a pick. Pirates would pay him $15.3 million for 1 year though definitely and if he does sign somewhere else they receive a pick. Good move by them. Not signing it may bite Liriano though.

I can see the Rockies using Cuddyer as insurance so that they can move CarGo this winter. He would make sense in the Sox taking back a large contract and improving the OF defense. The ability to have him DH some could keep him healthy. He gets expensive this season for the Rox as his salary jumps from $10.5M to $16M and they need the payroll space to grab at least one more quality SP.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Nov 4, 2014 -> 05:25 PM)
I can see the Rockies using Cuddyer as insurance so that they can move CarGo this winter. He would make sense in the Sox taking back a large contract and improving the OF defense. The ability to have him DH some could keep him healthy. He gets expensive this season for the Rox as his salary jumps from $10.5M to $16M and they need the payroll space to grab at least one more quality SP.

they, col will have some flexibility in payroll, according to cot's

salary site. if col need more options, i would be able to help them

of course for a price.