What would be interesting

LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 07:51 PM)
according to mlb rumor page, Col would be willing to hear any proposal for

Troy Tulowitzki. his new contract starts next yr, for 6 yrs. he is 30 yrs old now.

according to the splits you will see the huge difference in fields stats.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/...ar=2014&t=b

Tempting, but even our best offer of Montas, Danish, Anderson and Hawkins might not be enough to get it done.

They would ask for Quintana in addition and that would be the deal breaker IMO.

If they would accept the first deal, it's definitely something to consider. However, a Rockies player coming to the AL, his injury history...his going into his decline years, only the Kenny Williamses of the world have the balls to make that deal.

And the problem is that the farm system still doesn't have enough depth to recover from losing every top prospect but Rodon in one fell swoop. It would take another 18 months to replace that level of talent.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 08:55 PM)
Tempting, but even our best offer of Montas, Danish, Anderson and Hawkins might not be enough to get it done.

If they would accept the first deal, it's definitely something to consider. However, a Rockies player coming to the AL, his injury history...his going into his decline years, only the Kenny Williamses of the world have the balls to make that deal.

And the problem is that the farm system still doesn't have enough depth to recover from losing every top prospect but Rodon in one fell swoop. It would take another 18 months to replace that level of talent.

Ya no dice. We need to keep our young players

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 01:55 AM)

R U really serious???? R U pulling my leg ???

I am done for the nite .... its been great talking sox.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 07:55 PM)

There is no team that will give a package like that. None.

And that's why the Rocks should keep him. Nobody will pay the value of what he's done in the past.

And of course it would be insane for the Sox to do it.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 07:55 PM)

I want them to get Heyward. Hawkins, one of Danish/Montas and whatever else is needed. Deal also happens with a 72-hour negotiating window to work an extension

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 09:46 PM)
I want them to get Heyward. Hawkins, one of Danish/Montas and whatever else is needed. Deal also happens with a 72-hour negotiating window to work an extension

I seriously doubt those first 2 would get Hayward. If you include Tim Anderson with the other 2, you might start getting their attention.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 09:46 PM)

I would love to see us get Heyward. That would be a great pickup for this team.

My wishful thinking off season would be: signing Sandoval to play third, trading for Heyward (include Davidson in deal since we have Pablo), signing a McCarthy type pitcher, and signing some non-top relievers (Cotts had a solid year, Soriano could be a buy-low option). You could also trade Viciedo for possible bullpen help.

Eaton CF.

Ramirez SS

Abreu 1B

Sandoval 3B

Garcia LF

Heyward RF

Flowers C

Gillaspie DH/1B/3B maybe platoon with a right handed infielder (Saladino?) and let Pablo DH those days

Whoever breaks camp at second

I know none of that will happen but it would be interesting to see

Edited by soxfan2014

$100-116 million for a 3B who's very likely to continue to battle weight/health issues into his 30's....and who's likely to put up a 725-750ish OPS in the coming years?

I don't think the upgrade is worth the money unless it's for an all-around superstar-caliber player with offensive and defensive skills in the OF or at catcher.

Sandoval's a 12-18 homer guy now, which isn't FAR off what Conor could be expected to provide in the next year or so.

The major difference is his defense, but is that really worth a nine figure contract for a team that hasn't approached that number for a single player?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 08:14 AM)
$100-116 million for a 3B who's very likelway when Eatono continue to battle weight/health issues into his 30's....and who's likely to put up a 725-750ish OPS in the coming years?

I don't think the upgrade is worth the money unless it's for an all-around superstar-caliber player with offensive and defensive skills in the OF or at catcher.

Sandoval's a 12-18 homer guy now, which isn't FAR off what Conor could be expected to provide in the next year or so.

The major difference is his defense, but is that really worth a nine figure contract for a team that hasn't approached that number for a single player?

Personally I think the best route is to get two outfielders making one of them the primary DH/4th outfielder. That way when Eaton gets hurt you don't have to start Danks for 13-14 games in a row. Danks is better as a 5th outfielder. Could totally see us getting a Seth Smith or Matt Joyce to bethat kind of DH. I mean you already have a DH in Tank, but if you want to get more left-handed.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 08:14 AM)
$100-116 million for a 3B who's very likely to continue to battle weight/health issues into his 30's....and who's likely to put up a 725-750ish OPS in the coming years?

Independent of all the other points you made - Sandoval's camp saying he's looking for $100M does not mean he'll get $100M. He'll still be too expensive for my liking, but him reaching nine figures would surprise me.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 08:32 AM)
Independent of all the other points you made - Sandoval's camp saying he's looking for $100M does not mean he'll get $100M. He'll still be too expensive for my liking, but him reaching nine figures would surprise me.

I don't know who will give it to him. Giants are only willing to go 3 years I guess. I'm guessing he signs same deal as Pence but with the Red Sox

I was looking for a catch all player movement for this offseason. so without

one I used this one. ok.

Andrew Bailey and the yanks made so sort of a deal. Damn this is 1 player

I was hoping for a special project type and had Coop's name on it.

what I found was that he had 5 arm surgeries since 2005.

mlb trade rumors