ChiSox taking care of the troops

NUKE_CLEVELAND

I went to "The Cell" to do the walk up thing & when I got to the window I asked for the best seat available & then asked if they had a military discount. What does this guy do? He hands me a seat 11 rows up from the field in section 111 on the house. I couldn't f***ing believe it. Thanks ChiSox!

I went to "The Cell" to do the walk up thing & when I got to the window I asked for the best seat available & then asked if they had a military discount.  What does this guy do?  He hands me a seat 11 rows up from the field in section 111 on the house.  I couldn't f***ing believe it. Thanks ChiSox!

I think the Sox have been doing this for a few months now. Good for you NUKE. You guys definitely deserve the gratitude :usa

I went to "The Cell" to do the walk up thing & when I got to the window I asked for the best seat available & then asked if they had a military discount.  What does this guy do?  He hands me a seat 11 rows up from the field in section 111 on the house.  I couldn't f***ing believe it. Thanks ChiSox!

That's the least they could do. I'm proud that team has that policy. :usa

:o :headbang :usa :usa :usa :snr

Guest Ncorgbl
It's probably another loophole JR thought of to fill the ballpark without the military personnel in attendance being counted towards the yearly attendance.

What a s***ty, immature thing to say.

Guest Ncorgbl
I agree.

If that's true, then why don't they advertise the hell out of this?

The White Sox do a great deal of things like this for charities and such. They don't announce it because Reinsdorf won't allow it to be 'used'. That's one of the things I love about the man and hate at the same time. He'll let all the bashing come his way and won't allow any defense. I do it anyway and he gets upset at me, but I don't even scratch the surface with what he does for Chicago and her people.

I agree.

If that's true, then why don't they advertise the hell out of this?

The White Sox do a great deal of things like this for charities and such. They don't announce it because Reinsdorf won't allow it to be 'used'. That's one of the things I love about the man and hate at the same time. He'll let all the bashing come his way and won't allow any defense. I do it anyway and he gets upset at me, but I don't even scratch the surface with what he does for Chicago and her people.

Exactly. Kind of like Bob Knight.

What a s***ty, immature thing to say.

Why's that? From what I'm told by people in the know, neither of USCF's half-price nights count towards the yearly attendance totals. And the Illinois Taxpayer pays JR's rent at USCF when the attendance doesn't reach X-million people. Not to mention holding Sox fans and Chicago hostage in the late 80's since he was too cheap or too lazy to fund/find funding to build a ballpark which the White Sox would own exclusively. Then there's the consistent cheapness with regards to this team. And while I applaud everything JR does for charities, you can bet the bank that JR gets it all back when he files his taxes on April 15th. Excuse me if I don't nominate His Cheapness for sainthood :rolleyes: .

Given JR's track record in the public forum, I wouldn't call what I said "immature" as much as I would say it is informed.

Hey Killa ... I think police and firefighters should receive the same respect as our military personel.

USCF does still have police/fire nights for specific homegames if I'm not mistaken. So the courtesy is extended to public servants occasionally.

While watching the Cardinals games in S Illinois last weekend, Busch Stadium is offering Police/Fire/EMS/Doc and Nurses/Construction personnel $5 tickets on Sept. 11th. I haven't heard of anything for the above from the White Sox on Sept. 11th.

Guest Ncorgbl
Why's that? From what I'm told by people in the know, neither of USCF's half-price nights count towards the yearly attendance totals. And the Illinois Taxpayer pays JR's rent at USCF when the attendance doesn't reach X-million people. Not to mention holding Sox fans and Chicago hostage in the late 80's since he was too cheap or too lazy to fund/find funding to build a ballpark which the White Sox would own exclusively. Then there's the consistent cheapness with regards to this team. And while I applaud everything JR does for charities, you can bet the bank that JR gets it all back when he files his taxes on April 15th. Excuse me if I don't nominate His Cheapness for sainthood  :rolleyes: .

Given JR's track record in the public forum, I wouldn't call what I said "immature" as much as I would say it is informed.

I'd say it's greatly misinformed, and just more perpetuation of the misconceptions that the media has spoon fed those willing to sit back and get their information the easy way.

Why's that? From what I'm told by people in the know, neither of USCF's half-price nights count towards the yearly attendance totals. And the Illinois Taxpayer pays JR's rent at USCF when the attendance doesn't reach X-million people. Not to mention holding Sox fans and Chicago hostage in the late 80's since he was too cheap or too lazy to fund/find funding to build a ballpark which the White Sox would own exclusively. Then there's the consistent cheapness with regards to this team. And while I applaud everything JR does for charities, you can bet the bank that JR gets it all back when he files his taxes on April 15th. Excuse me if I don't nominate His Cheapness for sainthood  :rolleyes: .

I'd say it's greatly misinformed, and just more perpetuation of the misconceptions that the media has spoon fed those willing to sit back and get their information the easy way.

Well then set the record straight.

Well then set the record straight.

Ditto