Hank Conger traded to Astros

Bob Sacamano

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 03:09 PM)
Pretty hilarious...Astros fan on mlbtraderumors saying it would cost Jose Abreu or Chris Sale because " there's nobody on that team anybody wants"

This is why I love the offseason. You see a lot of morons, as opposed to meatheads, come out of the wood work. Yes, the White Sox would trade Jose Abreu for Jason f***ing Castro.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 03:14 PM)
This is why I love the offseason. You see a lot of morons, as opposed to meatheads, come out of the wood work. Yes, the White Sox would trade Jose Abreu for Jason f***ing Castro.

Hey if we were just talking about regular old Jason Castro that is one thing, but Jason f***ing Castro? Sign me up!

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 03:14 PM)

I just love the people that say we have "nothing" on this team that anybody wants. Somehow that always turns out wrong.

QUOTE (Baron @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 10:09 PM)
Pretty hilarious...Astros fan on mlbtraderumors saying it would cost Jose Abreu or Chris Sale because " there's nobody on that team anybody wants"

It's sort of true. Aside from Abreu, Sale and Q who on the Sox is desirable?

Out of the everyday players, maybe Lexi. Sox fans like Lexi, A. Garcia and Eaton, but are they really guys teams want? They can definitely do without those guys.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 03:28 PM)

Out of the everyday players, maybe Lexi. Sox fans like Lexi, A. Garcia and Eaton, but are they really guys teams want? They can definitely do without those guys.

Those three most definitely have trade value.

Abreu, Sale, Q, Lexi, Avi, Eaton, Conor, Micah, Semien, Sanchez, Bassitt, Rodon, Adams, Montas, Anderson, Hawkins, Danish, Beck etc.

The sox have a lot of desirable pieces. It's just that nothing more than something like Hawkins and Beck would net Jason Castro.

It's not true whatsoever. The Sox have a ton of desirable assets, just as every team in the majors does. Suggesting otherwise is nothing short of absurd and ridiculous.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 05:28 PM)

White Sox players who were better than Jason Castro last year

Abreu

Sale

Quintana

Ramirez

Flowers

Eaton

Gillaspie

DeAza

I think Conger was brought in to give Castro some competition after Castro's numbers took a big hit in 2014. I don't think the Astros deal Castro and if they do I hope its not the Sox. As others have said, if Castro is an upgrade its a very slight upgrade and that's before taking into account how Flowers knows the Sox pitching or the fact that Flowers hitting progressed in 2014 while Castro regressed.

Astro fans can keep their precious Castro, the Sox do not need him.

QUOTE (Baron @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 09:09 PM)

that proves my point on how disillusional people outside soxtalk are.

Edited by LDF