Mets/LAD/NYy interested in Alexei, according to Levine

southsider2k5

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 08:17 PM)
Niese is not a 3 (neither is Noesi). More like a 4.

Those are back end of the roster players.

Pass.

Lol.

Why don't you have a little gander at Juan Lagares' WAR last season.

He was the best center fielder in the league.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also seen this from NY media

@MartinoNYDN: On Alexei Ramirez, #WhiteSox prefer young SPs like Syndergaard/Wheeler/Montero, while #Mets prefer to deal Niese/Gee/Colon. (1/2)

@MartinoNYDN: Also #WhiteSox, like #Mets, in mode of trying to build contender. So while they'd deal Ramirez, it's not like he's burning a hole in pocket.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 12:01 AM)
Also seen this from NY media

@MartinoNYDN: On Alexei Ramirez, #WhiteSox prefer young SPs like Syndergaard/Wheeler/Montero, while #Mets prefer to deal Niese/Gee/Colon. (1/2)

@MartinoNYDN: Also #WhiteSox, like #Mets, in mode of trying to build contender. So while they'd deal Ramirez, it's not like he's burning a hole in pocket.

Thanks for posting those tweets. I think they really sum up the Sox position nicely.

The Sox don't have to trade Alexei. If they want him, the deliver the young pitchers, not the old and/or mediocre.

Edited by GreenSox

I don't know how Hahn doesn't ask for Plawecki in return. That's such a natural fit w/ the Mets already having D'Arnaud at catcher. Offer Alexei for Plawecki and OF Brandon Nimmo. Or Plawecki and SP Marcos Molina. Or cross your fingers and hope they give you Plawecki and LHP Steven Matz, which is probably unlikely.

Either way, I want a package to start around Plawecki. He sounds like a right handed hitting version of Pierzynski. Hits for average, very hard to strike out, has 15 HR power, doesn't walk much because of his ability to swing at everything and still make contact, is a decent defender with good hands, but just an average arm and average arm accuracy. Stop me when you've begun to think I'm reading AJ's scouting report...

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 12:45 AM)
Thanks for posting those tweets. I think they really sum up the Sox position nicely.

The Sox don't have to trade Alexei. If they want him, the deliver the young pitchers, not the old and/or mediocre.

Which is exactly why Hahn is able to ask high, and hope someone takes it. Sox have all the leverage in trade talks because there is no pressing need to trade Alexei. He's not being pushed by anyone and his contract is team friendly. Any deal Hahn takes you would pretty much have to think favors the Sox.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 12:57 AM)
Which is exactly why Hahn is able to ask high, and hope someone takes it. Sox have all the leverage in trade talks because there is no pressing need to trade Alexei. He's not being pushed by anyone and his contract is team friendly. Any deal Hahn takes you would pretty much have to think favors the Sox.

Watch as Tule gets traded to somewhere not named New York, and the Cubs hold on to Castro, I can see the Mets breaking down.

I think Tulo goes to St. Louis or he remains in Colorado at least till the ASB. I think Castro remains a Cub, I personally think it's Baez who gets traded out of their crop of young players. Castro has brome a voice and leader in that clubhouse to go alongside Rizzo.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 02:32 AM)
I think Tulo goes to St. Louis or he remains in Colorado at least till the ASB. I think Castro remains a Cub, I personally think it's Baez who gets traded out of their crop of young players. Castro has brome a voice and leader in that clubhouse to go alongside Rizzo.

Leader? Doesn't he still have problems running out flyballs/groundballs and having a lazy attitude? Could have sworn that was still happening with him.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 02:32 AM)

I think someone has been drinking the Theo-Aid served up by the Chicago media.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 01:45 AM)

No problem. I couldn't remember if they were posted or not.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 01:23 PM)
No problem. I couldn't remember if they were posted or not.

the way news was coming, even if it was done before, it was a great reminder.

many thanks from me, as a fan of sox baseball.

Edited by LDF

Bruce Levine @MLBBruceLevine · 9m 9 minutes ago

White Sox and Mets talks still fluid on Alexei Ramirez

I think they end up budging and we get either Syndergaard, Wheeler or Harvey straight up.

Mets have a lot of depth with the three vets in Gee, Niese, Colon, then 2 of the 3 depending on who is traded, de Grom and Montero and a few other guys in the top 10

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 06:32 PM)
I think they end up budging and we get either Syndergaard, Wheeler or Harvey straight up.

Mets have a lot of depth with the three vets in Gee, Niese, Colon, then 2 of the 3 depending on who is traded, de Grom and Montero and a few other guys in the top 10

I would say that, at most, we could get them to budge on Syndergaard straight up, since he is coming off a down year. I cannot imagine any scenario where we end up getting Harvey, and Wheeler would be a clear overpay IMO.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 05:34 PM)
I would say that, at most, we could get them to budge on Syndergaard straight up, since he is coming off a down year. I cannot imagine any scenario where we end up getting Harvey, and Wheeler would be a clear overpay IMO.

Yeah seeing as though they have had success in the MLB, I would agree it would probably Syndergaard