Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa

Rooftop Shots

Beane suggests several things are in the works. Sounds like something else could get done here tonight or tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/JaneMLB/status/542138251943747584

A's desire a shortstop that fits into current plan: young and under control for several years. So Alexei Ramirez likely not a match.

https://twitter.com/JaneMLB/status/542138929428697088

I said it before that Semien & Montas would likely get a deal done. It will be interesting to see if Hahn can convince Beane to take a couple of lesser prospects instead of a guy like Montas. I'd be much more willing to take the rental risk if Semien was the centerpiece with guys like Beck & Thompson being the secondary pieces.

I said it before that Semien & Montas would likely get a deal done. It will be interesting to see if Hahn can convince Beane to take a couple of lesser prospects instead of a guy like Montas. I'd be much more willing to take the rental risk if Semien was the centerpiece with guys like Beck & Thompson being the secondary pieces.

You tell Beane to get lost if he wants Montas + Semien.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 08:11 PM)
We saw first hand this week that Chicago reporters are perfectly willing to sit on a story.

The Perfect Storm: Chapter 2

Lester signs with Giants or Red Sox and The Shark is traded to the White Sox on the same day.

ND alumni bombard the White Sox ticket hotline with season ticket requests to the point where the wires catch on fire, and Ed Farmer is eventually forced to lead them in storming the barricades (think storming of the Bastille) to turn in their deposit money.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 08:18 PM)
Nick Capra told me during Instructs that Tyler Saladino, recovering from Tommy John, would prob be most ready at SS behind Alexei of course

https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/542141026782048256

Kind of scary…depending on how much you like Saladino. Hopefully Anderson doesn't go bust

The Perfect Storm: Chapter 2

Lester signs with Giants or Red Sox and The Shark is traded to the White Sox on the same day.

ND alumni bombard the White Sox ticket hotline with season ticket requests to the point where the wires catch on fire, and Ed Farmer is eventually forced to lead them in storming the barricades (think storming of the Bastille) to turn in their deposit money.

An overwhelming majority of ND alumni in/from the Chicago area are Cubs fans (including one rather infamous one). Only the rare and special ND grad is enlightened enough to be a Sox fan.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 08:18 PM)
Nick Capra told me during Instructs that Tyler Saladino, recovering from Tommy John, would prob be most ready at SS behind Alexei of course

https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/542141026782048256

So maybe Saladino's going to take Semien's role.

Ramirez at SS, Sanchez at 2B with Saladino backing up all 3 infield positions and Leury Garcia and Josh Phegley drinking sake in Tokyo.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 08:17 PM)
No! Not Semien! Give them Sanchez

I feel your pain, but Sanchez is half the prospect that Semien is. As much as I'd hate losing him, using him as a centerpiece in a Shark trade would be selling pretty high at this point. It's hard to hate on such a move if none of our top prospects are involved.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 08:20 PM)
Samardzija to #WhiteSox for Marcus Semien, Hector Noesi and Josh Phegley makes sense to me

https://twitter.com/scotgregor/status/542141564257304577

Making Bassitt and Danks our last two starters?

Hmmm...

Still would be more comfortable if they added a veteran ala Masterson/B.Anderson in there.

If we don't sign another reliever, you'd have to throw Bassitt and possibly Sanburn at the relief problem/s.

One way or the other, that would seem to leave the remaining hole as either LF or the closer's spot. Hard to address both and not go way over budget.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 08:23 PM)
Gregor scared me there until I got to the end of the sentence. Man.

Shouldn't scare you…I would love that deal for the Sox. I am nervous it will be another top 10 prospect in addition to Semien.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 08:24 PM)
Shouldn't scare you…I would love that deal for the Sox. I am nervous it will be another top 10 prospect in addition to Semien.

Yeah. I'd much rather give up Noesi than one of our top 7 prospects. We'd have to sign a reclamation project to compete for a back-end spot, but that's a small price to pay. And Phegley is basically worthless IMO, so no loss there.