Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa

Rooftop Shots

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 09:38 PM)
Kinda funny to see everyone on twitter talking about how great Sale and Samardzija would be as a 1-2 when there's no doubt in my mind Q is the actual 2nd best pitcher.

There are others who just want to break up 2 lefties back to back. Not saying I would, but it isn't out of the ordinary.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 09:35 PM)
An underrated aspect about acquiring Samardzija is that he's a huge name in the Chicagoland area, and he's someone that I think fans would go out to watch pitch (oh great, more ND fans at Sox games)

A couple of things:

1. The Sox the greatest hitter since Ted Williams on their team and there were seasons they average 17K per game.

2. Based on my third hand info (take if for what it's worth) 'Jeffy' has every intention on testing the free agent market.

3. He's probably a fun guy to party with but I figured he'd be suited for for the Rockies or Mariners.

Bob

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 09:39 PM)
Some people are entirely forgetting about Q. Saw a tweet that said "Sale, Shark and Rodon possibly in season, quality arms." Ridiculous.

Yeah, even the MLB Network guys seem to forget about Q, which is quite amusing. Fact is that Sale, Shark, & Q is an incredible 1-2-3 and makes us instant contenders next year as long as the Sox add a LF & another high-end reliever.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 09:38 PM)
I'm getting more and more convinced Ravelo is in it. Can be wrong though.

I've been saying that from day one. It makes too much sense. Though I'd prefer Ravelo to Hawkins as a prospect, much higher floor, power coming along, and could contribute in the ML as soon as next year.