Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa

Rooftop Shots

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 11:29 PM)
So Nightengale just tweeted this has basically been done for a few days (probably the Saturday spurt). I wonder if there are auxiliary moves they were hoping to hit alongside? Or just Lester setting market again I guess.

Or an extension with Samrdzija, and if agreed upon different players are involved?

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 3m3 minutes ago

The #WhiteSox and #Athletics agreed to the parameters of Samardzjjia deal several days ago

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 09:15 PM)
There's no good reason to think Micah Johnson is ready for MLB. He played at a pretty "meh" level in AAA last year. It also remains unclear whether he's an acceptable defender. All indications are that he needs more time.

Front office likes him a lot. Whether he breaks camp or not with the Sox, they still have Saladino / Sanchez who can buy time for johnson to get some additional at bats. Sox think he can team up with Eaton to be an impactful guy long-term at the top of the order. Not saying he hits #2 this year, probably more like in the 9 spot but in time they think he'll be a top of the order bat.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 09:26 PM)
I can't believe they can sleep with this stuff half done.

They aren't sleeping... It's called "last minute negotiation tactics."

This method also includes crack cocaine and seedy prostitutes.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 09:30 PM)
Sounds like it's about 98% done, with the agreement it gets finalized tomorrow.

98% done still isn't done. If it was done on Saturday, it would have been announced. No reason not to announce. Clearly there is at least some posturing going on or Beane is holding out that something else goes down and another team jumps in based upon these leaks.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 11:29 PM)
I agree. I would think Hahn would want to get this done ASAP, so he could work on the next deal fresh tomorrow morning, and not think about it all night and then wake up tomorrow to "Well, Cherington sent me a text last night offering Jackie Bradley Jr. and Raunado, so I've got to go with his offer" or some s***. I mean, it's not even 10 pm there yet.

I t hink he can multi-task and talk to a few gms at once.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 11:25 PM)
@matthoeppner: Jeff Samardzija has a 0.47 ERA in four games (2 starts) at US Cellular Field. #WhiteSox

And with that, I'm not wasting any more sleep. See you all tomorrow.

Keep in mind that he won't be facing the White Sox offense anymore