Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa

Rooftop Shots

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 11:04 AM)
So the question is did he delete it because he realized he would cause a s*** storm and he meant something else, or because he is really traded and is not supposed to let it go public until it is announced.

If he is gone, and Samardjia is all that is coming back, this waiting years to build a foundation is BS. He is the one guy the drafted who actually seems to be developing.

Agreed. But I think if he is involved, it has to be something like Samardzija/Reddick, Samrdzija/Cook, Samardzija/Doolittle, Samardzija/Upton. Those are the only options where I can fathom losing Anderson for.

If it were me, the only deal I would include Anderson in is Samardzija/Upton.

So the question is did he delete it because he realized he would cause a s*** storm and he meant something else, or because he is really traded and is not supposed to let it go public until it is announced.

Exactly, that's the question. Maybe his girlfriend broke up with him, maybe his car broke down, maybe he overcooked his pizza. Like another posted already mentioned, it could be another Marquis Teague situation.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 11:07 AM)
Exactly, that's the question. Maybe his girlfriend broke up with him, maybe his car broke down, maybe he overcooked his pizza. Like another posted already mentioned, it could be another Marquis Teague situation.

Pizza gate 2.0....yes :D

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 11:07 AM)

That would be a hell of a coincidence in my opinion. And then to take it down after the fact?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 11:09 AM)
Well yes, to take it down because of the "good luck in Oakland" replies.

Wouldn't he just then send another tweet saying he burned some pizza or whatever really happened? I would think so.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 08:20 AM)
I think the trade ends up being between Oakland and Atlanta. Maybe something like Upton and Gattis for Samardjiza, Reddick and minor league pitcher. Basically its Samardjiza for Upton is an exchange of one year rentals and then there's Gattis for Reddick +.

Would love to have Reddick but dude is pretty bad against lefties so a right hand platoon partner would be needed.

Bucket was not kidding when he said " moving parts ".

Some dude on Twitter that I was told has sources with the A's is insisting that BOTH Alexei and Eaton are in this deal. Can anyone talk me off the ledge here? Trading Eaton for a 1 year rental?

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 11:11 AM)
Some dude on Twitter that I was told has sources with the A's is insisting that BOTH Alexei and Eaton are in this deal. Can anyone talk me off the ledge here? Trading Eaton for a 1 year rental?

The White Sox aren't trading Adam Eaton. They have been trying to find a lead off hitter since Pods.

If he is gone, and Samardjia is all that is coming back, this waiting years to build a foundation is BS. He is the one guy the drafted who actually seems to be developing.

Maybe but what is wrong with a trade with prospect that is a couple of years away, if he makes it all for a proven #2 or 3 starting mlb pitcher? If the sox get an extension that is.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 11:11 AM)

Lol that dude obviously has been drinking this morning.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 11:15 AM)
Maybe but what is wrong with a trade with prospect that is a couple of years away, if he makes it all for a proven #2 or 3 starting mlb pitcher? If the sox get an extension that is.

I think Anderson has more value than that. Especially since Samardjia isn't even signed past 2015. It worked out trading highly thought of prospects for Freddy Garcia. Even though 2 of 3 were busts, it didn't work out trading for Nick Swisher.

The way pitching is really starting to dominate, I think the Sox are better off keeping Anderson, signing a back end guy, and if they still want Samardjia, sign him next winter.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 11:19 AM)
Like I said earlier, only way I trade Anderson is if Shark and Upton is coming to the Sox.

I think you far over valuing Anderson. I'm not saying he can't be a star but he is a years from even being brought to chicago.