Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa

Rooftop Shots

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 12:10 PM)
Adams and Rodon can't be traded this off season anyway. Correct, since thy were from this past draft?

They can be PTBNL…though wouldn't they have to play in the White Sox system until June? Which would just be stupid

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 12:13 PM)
I agree. They talk about his background. He doesn't have the "miles" on him most do at his age, but there are guys who are younger with a lot less "miles" than he has currently that are done or in the process of being done. It can go at anytime, although with some of these guys, you have to like their chances of staying fairly healthy. Maybe he is one of them.

I do remember Alex Fernandez. He is one guy the White Sox were willing to go really long term on back in the days they were going 3 years max and they mentioned his mechanics. I think his agent was Boras, so it didn't work out. He blew out in Miami pretty quickly.

Some of it can be miles. However its really more the age. As you get older the blood flow decreases throughout the body. The rotator cuff is in a vulnerable position due to the way it turns down from the scapula to the humerus. This is why it is such a common injury

. In this deal if you want proven pitching you need to give up quality.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 12:03 PM)
Considering the years of control with Abreu, Sale, Q, Eaton, Rodon, etc etc, I wouldn't be surprised if the holdup here is the Sox working out the framework of a contract extension and the players are already in place.

I'll believe that when I see it. I haven't seen an instantaneous trade/sign in 40 years following this team (Garcia is the only one who was close - he signed later that year) although I remember several when the Sox were "assured" he'd sign. Richie Zisk had a dream, after all.

And regardless, the Sox should pay the value of 1 year of a #3 starter. No more.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 12:21 PM)
I'll believe that when I see it. I haven't seen an instantaneous trade/sign in 40 years following this team (Garcia is the only one who was close - he signed later that year) although I remember several when the Sox were "assured" he'd sign. Richie Zisk had a dream, after all.

And regardless, the Sox should pay the value of 1 year of a #3 starter. No more.

That attitude is fine but then you are Ron Schueler as a GM.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 12:20 PM)
Some of it can be miles. However its really more the age. As you get older the blood flow decreases throughout the body. The rotator cuff is in a vulnerable position due to the way it turns down from the scapula to the humerus. This is why it is such a common injury

. In this deal if you want proven pitching you need to give up quality.

I get that, I just think the Sox need to hang on to the quality, and they can still pick up their target in a year. If they don't want to wait, they have to make 2015 more than just a half assed or 3/4 assed attempt to win. They have to really be "all in".

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 01:44 PM)
It was couple of sad smiley faces.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 01:44 PM)
hugwatch

#tweetwatch

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 01:45 PM)
And then someone originally described as his best friend tweeted "best of luck in Oakland, bud."

Turned out to not likely be anyone he knew.

Haha, thanks guys

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 01:46 PM)
Tim Anderson‏@TimAnderson7·3 mins3 minutes ago

Stay Down Until You Come Up

LOL.

There was a 100 emoji at the end of that...so "Stay down until you come up 100"....maybe the sad faces had to do with some sort of injury.

Or "Stay quiet till you know the deal is 100% legit"

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 12:48 PM)
There was a 100 emoji at the end of that...so "Stay down until you come up 100"....maybe the sad faces had to do with some sort of injury.

Maybe when he realized the pizza was being overcooked, he pulled it out without an oven mitt and burned his hand.