Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa

Rooftop Shots

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 10:37 PM)
Keep in mind too, with Sale and Q locked in to awesome deals, it's easier to stomach higher priced FA deals...

Plus you have Abreu at a fair deal and Eaton is also a very good contract as well. I really wonder if we can find a way to move Danksy.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 12:37 AM)
Keep in mind too, with Sale and Q locked in to awesome deals, it's easier to stomach higher priced FA deals...

We also have some sizable salaries coming off the books in the next two years between Danks, Alexei, & LaRoche ($40M), plus the corpse of Jeff Keppinger should finally be gone after this season.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 07:39 AM)
I know everyone is down on Thompson but he still is young and has a ton of upside. I think Semien has a very high floor. That's a lot to give for a rental IMO.

He's just not the type of player the Sox are able to develop. He really struggled repeating AA again. I wish him the best though.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 01:39 AM)
I know everyone is down on Thompson but he still is young and has a ton of upside. I think Semien has a very high floor. That's a lot to give for a rental IMO.

You can get some top 10 prospects from another team at the deadline which by virtue of the Sox system would make the haul better than what they just gave up.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 12:39 AM)
Plus you have Abreu at a fair deal and Eaton is also a very good contract as well. I really wonder if we can find a way to move Danksy.

KW and Hahn will be kings of Chicago if they could manage to bring Kemp on board.

Much more likely to end up with Crawford or Ethier, of course...with the problem being that Noesi and Bassitt would have to hold the fort down for at least 2-3 months until Rodon arrives on the scene.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 12:43 AM)
Dan Hayes has gotten much better on TV. Spoke confidently and competently for a national viewing.

Nice guy...answers plenty of questions on Twitter. He's going to get plenty of air time now :lol:

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 12:25 AM)
I've said it many times here. Frank was the reason I became a sox fan. Griffey Jr. was the reason I played baseball (CF, left handed, etc.) I'm super jealous of you right now.

I was so shell shocked. It wasn't like I saw him from far away. He was standing directly in front of me, but his back was to me. Then he turned around and that's when it hit me that it wasn't just some dude boarding the plane right in front of me... it was Ken f***ing Griffey. We made some small talk as we waited to board and then he sat down in First Class and I kept moving to my seat.

Sorry, I'm done. Didn't mean to hijack this thread.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 10:43 PM)
KW and Hahn will be kings of Chicago if they could manage to bring Kemp on board.

Much more likely to end up with Crawford or Ethier, of course...with the problem being that Noesi and Bassitt would have to hold the fort down for at least 2-3 months until Rodon arrives on the scene.

At this point, Ethier looks better and better to me.