Dodgers OFs

GGajewski18

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Nov 23, 2014 -> 04:55 AM)
It's mind-blowing to me that Kemp, Ethier, and Crawford all count for over $60M vs the Dodgers payroll this year and all have 3 or more years left on their deals.

yeah but lets put it this way. the Dodgers TV deal is what at least 50+ mil per yr. i really think

it is more, but for this, they are getting a crap load of money. subtract from the total salary per,

and it is a affordable to go really crazy on fa's.

it was kind of funny on how big george of the yanks thought he could buy his yearly WS ring. he only

won once in the a certain time span.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 08:04 PM)
yeah but lets put it this way. the Dodgers TV deal is what at least 50+ mil per yr. i really think

it is more, but for this, they are getting a crap load of money. subtract from the total salary per,

and it is a affordable to go really crazy on fa's.

it was kind of funny on how big george of the yanks thought he could buy his yearly WS ring. he only

won once in the a certain time span.

The Dodgers TV deal was estimated between $8.35-8.8B (yes billion) for 25 years. If I use the low figure (8.35 ) and divide it by 25 unless I put too many zero's on the calculator it comes to around $340M per year which I think they have to give $80M of that to MLB for revenue sharing.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 10:30 PM)
The Dodgers TV deal was estimated between $8.35-8.8B (yes billion) for 25 years. If I use the low figure (8.35 ) and divide it by 25 unless I put too many zero's on the calculator it comes to around $340M per year which I think they have to give $80M of that to MLB for revenue sharing.

Holy sh!t. And they are concerned about getting below 190M to avoid luxury taxes? Have I missed something?

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 08:44 PM)
Holy sh!t. And they are concerned about getting below 190M to avoid luxury taxes? Have I missed something?

Well of that $8.35B $1.9B goes for revenue sharing and the renovation of Dodger stadium in just it's initial stage cost $100M . Then there's a bit over $600M in player salaries of which they pay the luxury tax per year depending on how much above the ceiling they are.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 23, 2014 -> 05:30 AM)

yeah, I thought the $$ was something like 200 mil a yr. so in essence the tv money

covers their salary. jeeze.

thanks for looking it up, I got lazy and caught up. then I forgot to look it up.

many thanks

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 01:28 PM)
Victorino would probably be more appealing if that's the price the Dodgers want.

That was their initial asking price for their best or second best outfielder and arguably their best hitter who has a reasonably priced contract but one that should be outside the White Sox range (that last part is my opinion, but the rest is probably pretty universally agreed upon). It makes sense that they ask for that.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 02:54 PM)
That was their initial asking price for their best or second best outfielder and arguably their best hitter who has a reasonably priced contract but one that should be outside the White Sox range (that last part is my opinion, but the rest is probably pretty universally agreed upon). It makes sense that they ask for that.

It makes sense to ask for that. Doesnt make sense for the Mariners to give it up though. I'm sure they'll go the cheaper route.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 02:57 PM)
It makes sense to ask for that. Doesnt make sense for the Mariners to give it up though. I'm sure they'll go the cheaper route.

I think they already did by signing Nelson Cruz. He'll mostly DH, but I don't think they'll have any problem with Saunders-Jackson-Ackley left to right in the outfield.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 11:47 AM)

This may make it less costly to acquire Ethier. If the Sox could get him without having to give up any significant talent, or the draft pick that a free agent acquisition involves, maybe it would be

worth paying almost all of that contract. He is probably still a terrific hitter vs. RH pitching, given a chance to play regularly, and where he would be more wanted, than his current position with

the Dodgers.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 09:19 PM)
This may make it less costly to acquire Ethier. If the Sox could get him without having to give up any significant talent, or the draft pick that a free agent acquisition involves, maybe it would be

worth paying almost all of that contract. He is probably still a terrific hitter vs. RH pitching, given a chance to play regularly, and where he would be more wanted, than his current position with

the Dodgers.

not bad thinking, someone like Beck for Ethier.

but that whole salary to swallow. that is what is stopping me.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 04:19 PM)

the Dodgers.

what you just said does not equal playing everyday.