ichiro

sammy esposito

sign Ichiro  

28 members have voted

1. 1. should the sox sign Ichiro

• yes
    • no

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 10:28 PM)
Ichiro doesn't fit what the Sox are looking for at this point. If this were next year, it'd be different, but it's just not the time for him.

He should finish his career in Seattle and then go away. He'll get a few HOF votes.

Edited by oldsox

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 09:32 PM)
I think he's a first ballot hall of famer.

I don't think there's any doubt. I wonder if the sox are in on Maeda, if they would look into Ichiro to help ease the transition to N.A. (maybe put him in the Konerko role) That would be the only way I'd take Ichiro, otherwise no.

Makes the most sense for him to go to the NL where he can platoon/ have more opportunity to pinch hit, pinch defend, and even pinch run.

Steamer strangely projects him to retire. He's gonna do his best to get those 156 more hits for 3000 I'd say.

Edited by Vance Law

I still think Ichiro has some gas in the tank and could help out a team. He was underused the past couple seasons in NY in my opinion. However, adding him to the OF mix would not be beneficial to the Sox this season since the primary goal should be to get our young guys as many ABs as possible to look to contend in 2016 and going forward. Unfortunately, although Ichiro could help the Sox in 2015, it would not help their chances beyond this season

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 09:32 PM)
I think he's a first ballot hall of famer.

As well he should be. He is one of absolute all time favorite players to watch hit, not to mention he just destroyed the MLB pitching to the tune of 200+ hits for 10 straight years, and set a new MLB record for hits in one season.

I really want to see him get his 3000 hits here. Plus when you add in his hits in Japan, he is sitting about 150 short of Pete Roses total.

I see no compelling reason at all that the guy isn't a first ballot HOFer. None.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 01:23 PM)
I still think Ichiro has some gas in the tank and could help out a team. He was underused the past couple seasons in NY in my opinion. However, adding him to the OF mix would not be beneficial to the Sox this season since the primary goal should be to get our young guys as many ABs as possible to look to contend in 2016 and going forward. Unfortunately, although Ichiro could help the Sox in 2015, it would not help their chances beyond this season

it all depends if the sox pick up an outfielder or not. if not, he can be a quickfix

at a low price and he might not hurt the team that much, offensively speaking.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 09:10 AM)
it all depends if the sox pick up an outfielder or not. if not, he can be a quickfix

at a low price and he might not hurt the team that much, offensively speaking.

Yeah, if the Sox somehow miss out on better guys I would gladly take Ichiro for a year. He can still do some things. But he's not Plan A.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 09:19 AM)
Yeah, if the Sox somehow miss out on better guys I would gladly take Ichiro for a year. He can still do some things. But he's not Plan A.

I would rather see him in our OF over Viciedo for sure. I'd also rather see him as a one year option, versus some of the other Plan C's out there.