Proposal: John Danks for Howie Kendrick

GGajewski18

Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal · 12m 12 minutes ago

#Angels remain open to trading Kendrick for player or pitcher under comparable or longer control. Kendrick eligible for FA at end of season.

I think this makes sense for both teams, probably the Sox adding a prospect also in the deal. The Angels are starved for pitching as Weaver and Wilson are not the same anymore and injury prone.

This would get the Danks contract off the books, only get Kendrick for one year and have Micah Johnson develop some more in AAA, while making Semien and Sanchez more expendable in a trade for starting pitching or outfield help.

On top of that, if the Sox manage to get Sandoval, the line up, and overall defense in the infield has gone up tremendously.

The savings from this deal could be invested into the bullpen or a lesser FA DH like LaRoche or outfielder like Denorfia. Again, I'm just thinking out loud here, but right now, to me this trade makes sense.

Eaton

Kendrick

Abreu

Sandoval

Garcia

Laroche

Ramirez

Denorfia

Flowers

Sale

Quintana

RH starter FA/Via trade

Noesi

Bassitt

Thoughts?

QUOTE (shysocks @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 11:14 AM)
The Sox would have to give up some actual talent for Kendrick, even moreso if the Angels are taking on Danks, and Kendrick is a one year rental at a position where the Sox want to audition farm guys. Seems pretty unlikely.

If they were able to put off a Danks for Kendrick swap somehow, they could always look to flip him somewhere else as he'd be easier to move than Danks.

I think Kendrick would be a nice fit for the Sox and have always been a fan. That said I am biased and always thought he would be better then he ended up being (just has a nice swing and uses all fields). Defensively, meh. However, Danks for Kendrick makes zero sense unless we are sending a lot of money or taking back some money.

Danks for CJ Wilson and Kendrick might be a framework that would interest the Angels. There would have to be more involved in overall trade though and that be on the Sox side and even then I am probably crazy. All depends on how down the Angels are on Wilson. They would also obviously be interested in some form of swap involving Hamilton.

"for player or pitcher under comparable or longer control. Kendrick eligible for FA at end of season."

That's got to be about the dumbest thing I've read all day. Ummm, when you only have 1 year left on your contract, EVERY player or pitcher is under control for a comparable or longer time. It's impossible not to be.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 08:05 PM)
"for player or pitcher under comparable or longer control. Kendrick eligible for FA at end of season."

That's got to be about the dumbest thing I've read all day. Ummm, when you only have 1 year left on your contract, EVERY player or pitcher is under control for a comparable or longer time. It's impossible not to be.

no offense , I am lost here.

but pls let me add, Kendrick has 1 yr left. who would want to make that trade?

get a player who can provide some offense for 1 yr. short term maybe price 9 mil.

sox offer Danks and some low prospect. again it was not the sox who made this

announcement of willing to make a trade. it was the other team.