40 Man Roster

GGajewski18

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 19, 2014 -> 11:33 AM)
Personally I don't see Wilkins going anywhere, and have no doubt that Belisario will be DFA'd, non-tendered, or released.

they are going to leave a trail of reeses pieces that leads outside the players exit at the park. When he steps out to get the last one, *SLAM*

DFA

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 19, 2014 -> 11:27 AM)
40 man currently at 37 with the addition of Duke.

Guys who I think will get outrighted/DFA'd off the 40 man: LGarcia, Wilkins

Guys who I would outright/DFA: Belisario, LGarcia, Wilkins, Mitchell

Guys who I think they will protect: Montas, Thompson, Bassitt, Ravelo (gets to 39)

Guys I'd protect: Montas, Thompson, Smith, Bassitt, Ravelo, Rondon (gets to 39)

We'll see how grossly off I am.

Thompson also already on the 40-man.

So if the pool is 3 spots for 5 guys (Montas, Rondon, Saladino, Ravelo, and Smith), I'd have to think Saladino and Smith are the ones left off.

Maybe some subtractions later today too.

Here's mlbtraderumors link for all of the teams:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/11/play...n-roster-2.html

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 09:35 AM)
Thompson also already on the 40-man.

So if the pool is 3 spots for 5 guys (Montas, Rondon, Saladino, Ravelo, and Smith), I'd have to think Saladino and Smith are the ones left off.

Maybe some subtractions later today too.

Here's mlbtraderumors link for the all of the teams:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/11/play...n-roster-2.html

I think Montas, Saladino, and Rondon get protected. I also think Saladino breaks spring training on the 25 man roster.

I think Belly, Carroll, and Mitchell get outrighted.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
I think Montas, Saladino, and Rondon get protected. I also think Saladino breaks spring training on the 25 man roster.

I think Belly, Carroll, and Mitchell get outrighted.

Is Saladino even going to be healthy by then? He has Tommy John at the end of the 2014 season.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 10:37 AM)
if there is a post of those players who are not protected, pls post.

I am really looking at NYM pitchers.

Players can still be added to the 40 man roster through the close of business today, after that we will have a much better idea of what will be available, if the Sox have any roster spots to even make it matter.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 09:00 AM)
If we're serious about trading Alexei, we need Leury as a potential fallback. He's the only guy in the upper minors that we KNOW can play a good ML SS.

You really think Leury would be the Sox #1 option in the event Alexei is traded or just the late innings guy ? We just have too many other options with Saladino, Sanchez Semien and Leury's defense might not be any better than the best option of those other 3.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 01:02 PM)
You really think Leury would be the Sox #1 option in the event Alexei is traded or just the late innings guy ? We just have too many other options with Saladino, Sanchez Semien and Leury's defense might not be any better than the best option of those other 3.

No, I don't think that at all. I said I think he's the "fallback option." I think ALL of those guys will get a shot first, but there are questions about ALL of them in regards to their ability to play an adequate defensive SS. So, in the event that none of them can, Leury is the fallback option who we know can at least hold down the fort.

My point is just that they are going to want that depth if Alexei is traded.

Edited by Eminor3rd

I can't imagine why Sox would keep Leury Garcia on the 40 man.

I'm not saying that LGarcia is terribly valuable, but I think there are several guys even less valuable than him: Belisario, Mitchell, Wilkins and Phegley. LGarcia at least has the ability to be a 25th guy on the roster because he can play every position.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 08:03 PM)
I'm not saying that LGarcia is terribly valuable, but I think there are several guys even less valuable than him: Belisario, Mitchell, Wilkins and Phegley. LGarcia at least has the ability to be a 25th guy on the roster because he can play every position.

if there is room on the 40 man roster, why not?

The Sox have taken someone in the Rule 5 draft the past 2 seasons, so I would assume that they'll look to do the same again this year. It's $50k which is chump change for an MLB team and if you don't want the player, you don't owe anything beyond that and can even recoup some of that cost.