The Winter/Spring Weather Complaint Thread

knightni

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 11:21 PM)
LOL

Yeah, winter blows in general. Why i continue to put myself through hating winter every year I do not know.

Most people finally break and move to San Diego or Arizona or Vegas. It's why Chicagoans are all over those places.

• 2 weeks later...

This winter has been easy as hell.

As a first time home owner, I tried to the nice neighborly thing and buy pet friendly salt, as all my neighbors have dogs.

Big mistake, that stuff does nothing. So, the only annoying thing is constantly re-salting (it melting, refreezing)

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 11, 2016 -> 09:40 PM)
Spun out across 3 lanes of traffic on the eway only to stop perfectly parallel in the service lane. Fun stuff.

While not even close to as scary, I slid to a stop coming down a hill to a red light. My car doesn't have Anti-lock breaks (2004, seriously?), so I just pumped them a bunch and manuevered to the side to avoid rear-ending the guy in front of me. All while maintaining my Steak-N-Shake Nutella shake in one hand. *swish* :lol:

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 01:49 AM)
While not even close to as scary, I slid to a stop coming down a hill to a red light. My car doesn't have Anti-lock breaks (2004, seriously?), so I just pumped them a bunch and manuevered to the side to avoid rear-ending the guy in front of me. All while maintaining my Steak-N-Shake Nutella shake in one hand. *swish* :lol:

I'm waiting to go to class, I read this and instantly start laughing hahaha. Glad you're alright, man.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 11, 2016 -> 02:01 PM)
This winter has been easy as hell.

As a first time home owner, I tried to the nice neighborly thing and buy pet friendly salt, as all my neighbors have dogs.

Big mistake, that stuff does nothing. So, the only annoying thing is constantly re-salting (it melting, refreezing)

It depends on the brand. I do the pet friendly stuff in some areas, the regular safe step in others. I am not positive the pet friendly stuff really is that pet friendly.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 10:04 AM)
We only have few inches of snow here, but the wind keeps blowing it right back on to the streets as soon as it is plowed. It is slick, and lots of black ice.

I think that we'll be up to 6 or 7 inches by this evening.

There's system snow and lake effect snow at the same time, plus single digits tonight and up to 30 mph winds.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 09:08 AM)
I think that we'll be up to 6 or 7 inches by this evening.

There's system snow and lake effect snow at the same time, plus single digits tonight and up to 30 mph winds.

Yeah, northwest and west winds just kill you guys. We need NNW to get it.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 01:06 PM)
I'm officially naming this the "Adult Child Living at Home" Winter. It comes and goes every few days without rational explanation, and doesn't give a damn how much that irritates you.

I'll take it any day over the 2014 "don't go outside for 3 months" winter.

QUOTE (SnB @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 12:14 PM)

Seriously. Any winter where after a few days of condensation freezing the sidewalks can melt is fine with me. That winter walking around took forever, as months of compacted ice was all you were walking on.

QUOTE (SnB @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 12:14 PM)

Yep, 2013 as well when it snowed every saturday. This winter is pretty mild even though its cold today. It only lasts a few days instead of those two weeks when it was dangerous to go outside.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 09:41 AM)
Yep, 2013 as well when it snowed every saturday. This winter is pretty mild even though its cold today. It only lasts a few days instead of those two weeks when it was dangerous to go outside.

I can handle this. It's horrible today, but the rest of the week looks decent. It's those 2 week periods of below zero temperatures that really get to you.