Who were

LDF

Originally posted by LDF

the players we recieved from tor to complete the trade, does anybody know?

The White Sox have received minor-leaguers Neal Cotts and Daylan Holt from the Oakland Athletics as the players to be named later in the trade that brought Billy Koch to Chicago.

Cotts, a 22-year-old lefthander who attended Illinois State and is from Lebanon, was 12-6 with a 4.12 ERA in 28 starts at Class A Modesto in the California League last summer. He tied for third in the league in victories and ranked second with 178 strikeouts. Opponents hit just .239 against him. Cotts (6-2, 200) was a second-round draft pick of the A's in 2001.

The other

Holt, a 24-year-old outfielder, split time between Class A Visalia and Class AA Midland last season, hitting .286 with 20 home runs and 88 RBIs in 134 games. Holt (6-1, 200) lives in Mesquite, Texas.

"Daylan is a corner outfielder who we have scouted since he played at Texas A&M," Shaffer said. "We think he has the potential to be a power-hitting outfielder at the major-league level."

As I have said all along...it is a wash from looking at it right now...we give up a closer who is making $6 million next year and will probably opt for the free agent market after this year, a good backup catcher, and a good minor league pitching prospect who was at an advanced level for a closer who we will probably sign for a longer deal pretty soon, a good left-handed pitcher who has good stuff in some non-advanced levels and a good power hitting outfielder who has the potential to be a pretty good offensive threat someday(sounds like Jeff Liefer to me).

In my book, this is at best a wash. In my book, this is at worst a wash.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Of course, I think neither will turn into that, although I think Cotts is going to be a pretty good pickup.

YOU ARE SEEING THE LIGHT, JASON!!! Cotts WILL be having a great baseball career barring major injury. He's the kind of pitcher who strengthens as a game (and season) progresses.

Originally posted by HeatherTheRedbird
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Of course, I think neither will turn into that, although I think Cotts is going to be a pretty good pickup.

YOU ARE SEEING THE LIGHT, JASON!!! Cotts WILL be having a great baseball career barring major injury. He's the kind of pitcher who strengthens as a game (and season) progresses.

That's why the A's parted ways with him. He won't ever see the black-and-white pinstripes IMHO. KW will deal him before that.

If you expect Cotts to climb into a rotation that in a few years is shaping up to include Mark Buehrle, Kris Honel, Jon Rauch, Jon Garland, Dan Wright, and now possibly Russ Ortiz you're nuts.

I don't know anything about the guy, but saying that he's going to have a great career already is crazy.