White Sox DFA Ronald Belisario

witesoxfan

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/...for-assignment/

Just so we can have it somewhere. My initial reaction to this was HURRAH and my reaction after thinking about it for a little bit is HURRAH

Also, my favorite Belisario memory was when he gave up all those hits to the Twins because I was at a bar and I was like "this sucks, I've totally been jocking this guys balls on Soxtalk and he's going to blow this save" and then he blew the save.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 02:58 PM)
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/...for-assignment/

Just so we can have it somewhere. My initial reaction to this was HURRAH and my reaction after thinking about it for a little bit is HURRAH

Also, my favorite Belisario memory was when he gave up all those hits to the Twins because I was at a bar and I was like "this sucks, I've totally been jocking this guys balls on Soxtalk and he's going to blow this save" and then he blew the save.

My favorite Belisario memory was attending the Sox-Yankees game he blew after Danks threw 8 shutout innings.

Also I kept wanting to put Bottles the Mole from Banjo-Kazooie's head on Ronald Belisario's body and calling it "Bottles the Moleisario" because I think they kind of look alike but I never got around to it and now it's too late.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 03:14 PM)
My favorite Belisario memory was attending the Sox-Yankees game he blew after Danks threw 8 shutout innings.

Also I kept wanting to put Bottles the Mole from Banjo-Kazooie's head on Ronald Belisario's body and calling it "Bottles the Moleisario" because I think they kind of look alike but I never got around to it and now it's too late.

God what a comparison. It's never too late for something that amazing. I would say do it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 03:16 PM)
lets just retitle this thread to "FAVORITE BELISARIO MEMORIES"

The game against the Yankees where I believe the Sox lead 3-0 going into the 9th, and Belly blew the game. Soxtalk posters were actually ripping Robin for taking John Danks OUT of a game. Brings a tear to my eye.

Edited by Dick Allen

My favorite Belisario moment was when he was still with the Dodgers. Comes in to start the 8th inning, 3 run lead... walks the first two guys on 8 pitches... hits the 3rd guy in the back. Mattingly brings in Paco Rodriguez who promptly serves up a go-ahead grand slam...

Dumpster diving for bullpen assets rarely works out, Putnam being the lone exception the last few seasons.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 03:21 PM)
I am okay with this, especially with what he would have gotten in arbitration. I do think he's the type of reliever that will have his share of good years (along with his share of bad years).

Agreed. He will have another good year at some point, but he can do it somewhere else.