White Sox DFA Ronald Belisario

witesoxfan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did well right up until the point that Lindstrom went down and Robin tried to use him as closer.

Then he blew a few saves, his confidence went and he never pitched the same since. He was so bad at one point, Robin considered Dunn in the pen ahead of him.

I blame Robin for putting him in the closers spot. I reckon he would have had an ok year if he'd been the 7th or 8th inning guy.

QUOTE (glangon @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 02:36 AM)
He did well right up until the point that Lindstrom went down and Robin tried to use him as closer.

Then he blew a few saves, his confidence went and he never pitched the same since. He was so bad at one point, Robin considered Dunn in the pen ahead of him.

I blame Robin for putting him in the closers spot. I reckon he would have had an ok year if he'd been the 7th or 8th inning guy.

Blaming Robin would be silly. Belly was the closer of the year in one of the Winter Leagues, and had closed some before. When you are down a few bullets where else could Robin have turned?

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:08 PM)
Hopefully he still has to get non-tendered next week. Not sure if that's how it works now that he's off the 40-man. Anyway, be on your way.

I wouldn't mind seeing BelisaRio back as a spring training invite, he was pitching a role he wasn't used to out of the bullpen and he had a lot of bad luck.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Nov 27, 2014 -> 02:17 AM)
I wouldn't mind seeing BelisaRio back as a spring training invite, he was pitching a role he wasn't used to out of the bullpen and he had a lot of bad luck.

at a very low salary, an invite, no guarantees, but i will still try to fill his position

with another pitcher.

a strong maybe.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 27, 2014 -> 02:22 AM)
If all he's on is a minor league contract then it wouldn't be the worst thing to have him down in AAA.

Maybe some time in the minors to build confidence could be a good thing.

i just don't know, i have this strong bias against him, so i am the wrong

person to answer this. sorry

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:22 PM)
If all he's on is a minor league contract then it wouldn't be the worst thing to have him down in AAA.

Maybe some time in the minors to build confidence could be a good thing.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:25 PM)
at a very low salary, an invite, no guarantees, but i will still try to fill his position

with another pitcher.

a strong maybe.

I think that if he's invited to spring training and performs very well and worthy of a spot in the bull pen then you have to give it to him. I think that there is some potential there in Belisario, he could be a good weapon to have in the pen. If he starts the season in AAA, then he could work on some things and build up some confidence like 787 said.

I think Belisario could be a good 7th inning guy, if all things work out.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Nov 27, 2014 -> 10:16 AM)
I think that if he's invited to spring training and performs very well and worthy of a spot in the bull pen then you have to give it to him. I think that there is some potential there in Belisario, he could be a good weapon to have in the pen. If he starts the season in AAA, then he could work on some things and build up some confidence like 787 said.

I think Belisario could be a good 7th inning guy, if all things work out.

or like mop up games.