What's with all the idiots on the road?!

Queen Prawn

[VENT]I don't know if people woke up today and took stupid pills rather than their vitamins, but I can't remember the last time I ran into so many idiots on the road. Most of them need to hang up and pay attention to the road. I have a cell phone, but I have enough common sense to not talk on the phone while driving 70MPH down the express and changing lanes (of course they use no signals while performing this feat).

While on the topic of signals, why the hell doesn't anyone use them anymore? My bf is really bad about not using the turn signal so everytime he changes lanes and uses no signal I give him a hand signal. :fyou

ARGH! I hate when my day starts like this. :angry: [/VENT]

I saw a few morons on 55 this morning. There was an accident earlier and the cop was the only one left sitting there doing his paperwork I assume... people still had to slow down and look. The 45 minute trip took an hour and a half.

As for cell phones.. I rarely use my cell phone and when I do I use the earpiece. And turn signals... I always use them. Jim is bad about using them. It's not like it takes so much effort. But half the cops I see don't use them either. The other day turning out of Walgreens there is a no left turn sign.. Not only does the cop in front of me not use his signal.. but he turns left. And they wonder why no one obeys the laws.

As for cell phones.. I rarely use my cell phone and when I do I use the earpiece.

Forgot to mention that in my vent. I have the earpiece thing too (just bought, so I haven't had the opportunity to experiment). That's why I don't understand why so many people still go the hand held route. There are so many gizmos and gadgets out there to avoid that, and it isn't like they cost a bundle either, why not use use them :huh: ?

But half the cops I see don't use them either. The other day turning out of Walgreens there is a no left turn sign.. Not only does the cop in front of me not use his signal.. but he turns left. And they wonder why no one obeys the laws.

That's only because.....

1.) We can do it and get away with it :P; and

2.) We know it pisses people off :headbang ;)

On my way to school everyday I see a few idiots on the road.  At least now that I'm carpooling with some buddies I don't look like a complete goon yelling and swaering at people with no one else in the car....Now I disguise it  :lol:

YOU have a dirty mouth? Oh my!! :nono

I'd like to know when it became cool to:

1. Not use your turn signal.

2. Cover your brake and headlights to make them dim so people can't tell when you're coming to a stop.

3. Drive with NO headlights and use just your fog lights. There's a reason they're called "fog lights."

4. Drive with the seat waaayyy back, but still sit straight up.

I must have missed the memos on all of these.

Why does one have to turn in order to talk to the person in the passenger or back seats? Sound waves bounce off the sides and roof of the car, and they will in fact hear what you are saying. Besides, it's not like you are having a candle light dinner here, you don't need eye to eye contact.

Why does one have to turn in order to talk to the person in the passenger or back seats? Sound waves bounce off the sides and roof of the car, and they will in fact hear what you are saying. Besides, it's not like you are having a candle light dinner here, you don't need eye to eye contact.

Because all the cool kids do it. ;)

Also, why do people insist on eating in their cars...Not only does it make the car dirtier, as well as divert one's attention, but it also ruins the awesome new-car smell!!!

Because some of us don't have that new car smell anymore...so the smell of some nice inn and out does the car wonders :D

Because some of us don't have that new car smell anymore...so the smell of some nice inn and out does the car wonders  :D

Perhaps you'd like a ride in my Saturn f***ing Ion then so you can remember what the new car smell smells like? I could give you a pass to the front of the line! ;)