Anybody else having trouble supporting this team?

ron883

I just can't bring myself to support this team fully. Sure, they will be good, but it is full of cheaters. Melky, Q, Flowers. Signing Melky was the final straw for me. I can't support a team full of roiders. I hate the Bosox championship teams with Manny and ortiz. Its going to be tough to support them because I can't stand cheaters in baseball, and I know a championship will be marked by an asterik if they DO win it. Anybody else feel that same way as me? I wish Melky was not signed. Leaves a poor taste in my mouth.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol nope, this team will be so much easier/better to watch.

If you don't like guys who have used PEDs I would recommend not watching any professional sports again.

Or the Olympics

Or college sports

Or high schools sports

Just put the Little League World Series on a continuous loop year round.

Nope. Baseball and ethics are two completely different aspects in life. I enjoy the sox because they are my favorite baseball team, what they do off the field is irrelevant.

Baseball was plagued by this for over 10 years, at some point you had to have rooted for a cheater.

Its entertainment.

Edited by staxx

We have no idea who is clean and who isn't, on any MLB team. I want to win. I don't care if every player on the Sox is a bigoted drug addict. Does anyone care that David Ortiz is one of the biggest cheats in the history of the game? Absolutely not -- he is regarded as an icon. Asterisks no longer exist in the modern game.

Again, I want to win. This team was a lot more difficult to support when it was trotting Dunn, Beckham, Viciedo, and Keppinger out there every day.

QUOTE (staxx @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 01:07 PM)
Nope. Baseball and ethics are two completely different aspects in life. I enjoy the sox because they are my favorite baseball team, what they do off the field is irrelevant.

Baseball was plagued by this for over 10 years, at some point you had to have rooted for a cheater.

Its entertainment.

I don't believe anything is that separate in life.

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 01:10 PM)
We have no idea who is clean and who isn't, on any MLB team. I want to win. I don't care if every player on the Sox is a bigoted drug addict. Does anyone care that David Ortiz is one of the biggest cheats in the history of the game? Absolutely not -- he is regarded as an icon. Asterisks no longer exist in the modern game.

Again, I want to win. This team was a lot more difficult to support when it was trotting Dunn, Beckham, Viciedo, and Keppinger out there every day.

:lol:

I actually agree with that.

I'm inclined to give Q the benefit of the doubt as he had just become a pro ballplayer and had all sorts of things to navigate through (various handlers, language barrier, etc).

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox-talk/s...uintana-thrives

Just 17 at the time of his positive test, Quintana recalls how he didn’t think team officials were serious when they first informed him.

The Colombia native had been given medicine for a back problem from someone he described as an unaffiliated sports medicine doctor and had no idea he had taken anything illegal.

The Mets didn’t take any chances, however, and released Quintana after he served his suspension.

“At first when they told me that I thought they were joking with me,” Quintana said. “I said ‘I’m not taking anything.’ But obviously I tested positive. I thought it was a joke and I did appeal but I never (heard).”

Quintana hasn’t taken any chances since his incident.

As far as Flowers goes, there's not a ton of info out there about it but he tested positive for HGH in 2006. I don't know if there's an interesting story or what because nobody seems to give a s*** about whether some 19-year-old kid took HGH to cheat at rookie ball. I don't get super worked up about guys who dicked up when they were kids. All I can find about Flowers's side of things is that he didn't contest the claim and said that he did in fact do some kind of PED while in community college.

And Melky is a s***bag.

Edited by Jake

I personally don't condemn people for life in regards to PED use. I judge character far more by off the field issues such as beating their family, rape and other violence. Which is prevalent in today's professional sports.

Everyone has the right to support who they want. If you feel you don't like the team assembled don't support them at all. That will be the only way you can take a stand against GM's bringing players with a history to your team in the future.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 02:29 PM)
I cheer for the name on the front of the jersey.

I cheer for both. Applauded Frank when he was with other teams, laughed when Garland gave up 2 home runs to him, cheered for him against any other team. Still like watching Buehrle pitch. Hated watching Konerko playing as a shell of his former self because of what the player had once been.

Definitely did not enjoy watching guys like ManRoid, Brett Myers put on our uniform.

Will figure out how to cheer for name on front, but doesn't mean I ignore the name on the back.