Worthless Thread of Self Indulgent Drival

hi8is

I'm in Chicago b****es!

Ok, not b****es... that's said jokingly.

All playing aside its nice to be driving around town scouting out a pizza joint.

I settled on My Pie.

Went to grandstand and had a funny conversation with an employee there. He was stoked about the sox and even mentioned

Their bullpen is so much better, I mean you can slot Lindstrom in the 7th now and have Jones in the 8th

I was very, very confused.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 02:58 PM)
I'm in Chicago b****es!

Ok, not b****es... that's said jokingly.

All playing aside its nice to be driving around town scouting out a pizza joint.

I settled on My Pie.

Went to grandstand and had a funny conversation with an employee there. He was stoked about the sox and even mentioned

I was very, very confused.

DId you auto correct him ? And its drivel with an E Mister. Casual fan vs. casual speller. ;)

QUOTE (woods of ypres @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 12:05 AM)
I've heard rumour that people from Chicago don't like Chicago style Pizza; and its mostly tourists, and out-of-towners (like ME!) that eat it.

It's just not something you can have all the time. If I got a deep dish every time I ordered pizza I'd be 300 pounds. And the thin crust those joints like giordanos etc make are usually garbage. I usually go after Pete's on Western, and have Dante's across the street. Armitage Pizzeria is also great pizza.

This my pie place is actually really good. Like it more than the Lou M's I tried back in 2011. :)

Edit: there's no way I could eat deep dish more than once every couple or months. I feel like a gluttony fat man.

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (woods of ypres @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 06:05 PM)
I've heard rumour that people from Chicago don't like Chicago style Pizza; and its mostly tourists, and out-of-towners (like ME!) that eat it.

I feel like it isn't so much that Chicagoans truly want those giant ones with the sauce on top, it's that Chicagoans are never going to like that really thin stuff that New Yorkers eat. We like a lot of cheese and voluminous crust

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 05:21 PM)
This my pie place is actually really good. Like it more than the Lou M's I tried back in 2011. :)

Edit: there's no way I could eat deep dish more than once every couple or months. I feel like a gluttony fat man.

Nothing in the world is better than Lou Malnati's. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but yours is wrong.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 05:59 PM)
I like a good deep dish on a rare occasion but as a ex-new yorker the pizza there is unreal. Literally not a bad slice in the city. One of things I miss the most out here in Seattle is good pizza.

I'm not sure the name of the place but the only pizza I've ever actually disliked was from a place in NY.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 03:59 PM)
I like a good deep dish on a rare occasion but as a ex-new yorker the pizza there is unreal. Literally not a bad slice in the city. One of things I miss the most out here in Seattle is good pizza.

Gramauldis and believe it or not Famous Familias are my favorite spots in NY. :)

QUOTE (woods of ypres @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 05:05 PM)

This is the truest true ever. A Chicago man likes a thin crispy crust with all the ingredients cooked on top the cheese cut into squares

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 05:03 PM)
Chicago pizza, blech. I did go to Pequods though, which, next to Pizanos, is the only one I actively look forward to.

You are now hated more than what half of Soxtalk hates Melky. I think the admins should ban you for life.

It is the only good pizza.

Aurelio's thin crust and Giordano's/Edwardo's deep dish.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 05:59 PM)

Anything that has a crispy crust, is awful. I want a pizza, not a damned piece of burnt toast.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 06:03 PM)
Chicago pizza, blech. I did go to Pequods though, which, next to Pizanos, is the only one I actively look forward to.

This post is probably the most accurate sentence on the subject. Those are my #1 and #2 places as well.