Hawk thinks that Hahn isn't done yet

Kyyle23

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/hawk-h...hicago-baseball

“I don’t think (GM Rick Hahn) is done yet, to tell you the truth,” Harrelson said of the White Sox.

Hmmm. With Cabrera now in left field, they’ll most certainly have to trade Dayan Viciedo. But who do you think the White Sox are going after?

“Well, I’ll just keep that one to myself,” Harrelson said coyly. “I think it’s one of those things (Hahn) is probably going to do. Maybe two (moves). But just because I think he’s going to do it doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.”

Say what you will about Hawk, but he called this offseason. I am gonna give him the benefit of the doubt

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 08:58 PM)
Hopefully one of those moves is to fire Hawk and replace him with a competent announcer. That would really make the 2015 team watchable.

Haha open your heart man, you'll feel better. That man IS White Sox Baseball. Calling White Sox games gives that man no greater pleasure, and since he gave so much to us throughout his better decades, let's just support our godfather and return the kindness in his later years.

Plus he's wayyyy better when we are good!

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 09:46 PM)
Haha open your heart man, you'll feel better. That man IS White Sox Baseball. Calling White Sox games gives that man no greater pleasure, and since he gave so much to us throughout his better decades, let's just support our godfather and return the kindness in his later years.

HELL YES!!! Dad Gummit! I love Hawk!

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 10:46 PM)

+++++ 1

At most, you can see another starter added, but it would have to be a guy coming off a bad season or injury; competition for the #5 spot, assuming Danks is the #4 starter and Noesi is given competition for that spot.

Making a move like this would help Rodon's development. No need to rush him if there's veteran options at the MLB level.

Offensively, still would like to see another option a 3B, but realizing that there may not be one available. Outside of that, I'm ok with the young players battling out 2B and Flowers behind the plate.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 06:13 AM)
At most, you can see another starter added, but it would have to be a guy coming off a bad season or injury; competition for the #5 spot, assuming Danks is the #4 starter and Noesi is given competition for that spot.

Making a move like this would help Rodon's development. No need to rush him if there's veteran options at the MLB level.

Offensively, still would like to see another option a 3B, but realizing that there may not be one available. Outside of that, I'm ok with the young players battling out 2B and Flowers behind the plate.

ummm Brett Anderson, Chad Billingsley, anyone.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 08:58 PM)
Hopefully one of those moves is to fire Hawk and replace him with a competent announcer. That would really make the 2015 team watchable.

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 15s16 seconds ago

#WhiteSox broadcaster Ken Harrelson not interested in cutting back 2015 schedule. "That's out the window," Hawk says. http://bit.ly/12VEulx

I have just two wish list items left:

1. Trade Viciedo, ideally for an arm, probably a prospect.

2. Acquire a decent 4th starter, RHP preferably, on a short deal.

Beyond that, everything else is just if-an-opportunity-presents-itself. No other glaring needs are there, to me. Catcher isn't deal but there is little to no chance they can improve that at this point in this market. 3B is maybe not great, but Gillaspie with a guy like Saladino platooning against LHP is an above-average bat for the position (below average glove though). 4th OF right now looks like Shuck vs Danks, not ideal of course so maybe a small upgrade is possible there.