2015 Sox Potential

LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 09:28 AM)
if we miss the playoff and it isn't b/c of injury..... the blame lies solely on the shoulders of the FO for not finishing the offseason as they should have. worrying about fans paying first for the team to improve.

Lol why? Because we didn't give max 180 million?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 03:47 AM)
Lol why? Because we didn't give max 180 million?

did i ever say anything about max out anything...let alone 180??? where are you getting this absurd number ??? jeeze...

i have been spouting about short term players via trade. then let those players walk and let the farm start sending players to the majors. they, the sox will use reclamation players, yesteryear prospects that fell off the radar,hoping to catch magic again.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 09:53 PM)
did i ever say anything about max out anything...let alone 180??? where are you getting this absurd number ??? jeeze...

i have been spouting about short term players via trade. then let those players walk and let the farm start sending players to the majors. they, the sox will use reclamation players, yesteryear prospects that fell off the radar,hoping to catch magic again.

Um, $180 million is less than Scherzer actually got.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 05:39 PM)
Maybe I understood this incorrectly because I skimmed the article, but tickets are all digital now? That sucks. It's a tradition for my Dad and I to keep out ticket stubs and write down anything memorable that happened during the game on the back of the ticket. I have a few of those computer printed tickets, and they just look cheap and don't fit nicely with all the regular sized tickets. Also, I have my ticket from Buehrle's no-hitter framed and I think that frame would look awfully dumb with a computer printed ticket behind the class.

This is true. The season tickets are j ust printed from the account.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 02:55 AM)
Um, $180 million is less than Scherzer actually got.

if you don't mind 2 question.

1 are you saying the max deal of the contract is 180 mil???

2 have i ever said anything about signing Scherzer???

i am saying and been saying from the beginning of the offseason, short term contracts. contract that will expire in a year or 2. i have a reason which i have yet to explain for this. on another thread later..... but back to this.

i am in the understanding he is talking about the total salary for the sox to reach 180 mil.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)
IMHO, there's no reason not to be enthusiastic. The Sox recognized the many holes on the team and addressed a majority of them. They still have some question marks but overall I think Hahn nailed it so far this winter and gave fans lots of hope and even more to talk about. Plus, they should have some wiggle room in the payroll if they need to make a trade or two at the deadline.

CaliSoxFan and I were discussing earlier in the off season about how this was the year to get free agents since they had plenty of money to spend, the Sox 1st pick is protected and there were free agents available (Melky, Robertson, LaRoche, Duke) that could fill holes and that's exactly what the Sox did. Everything was in alignment for a big winter and I could not be happier with what Hahn and co have accomplished so far. Man, I cannot wait til ST! Go Sox!

Ha yes we nailed it but I was always shocked when predictions for the 2015 payroll were going around here. I was like wtf doesn't anyone see the obvious ? The Sox were in a position that doesn't come along very often and to NOT take advantage of it would be akin to franchise suicide. You went from hopeful to not hopeful until I called you out on thinking Reindorf just wouldn't spend the money and we got you changed back to hopeful again. :)

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 09:11 PM)
Ha yes we nailed it but I was always shocked when predictions for the 2015 payroll were going around here. I was like wtf doesn't anyone see the obvious ? The Sox were in a position that doesn't come along very often and to NOT take advantage of it would be akin to franchise suicide. You went from hopeful to not hopeful until I called you out on thinking Reindorf just wouldn't spend the money and we got you changed back to hopeful again. :)

Yup, you are correct. I really did not think JR would open his wallet but he did and I'm happy to say I was wrong. :D

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 05:51 PM)
oh man that is old school and what a great memorable piece for history.... to show any one kids.

i got to give you credit for have the due diligence to do that, and to save them.

If physical tickets actually exist by the time I had kids, I am definitely going to keep that tradition going. It's fun to look back and see what milestone games I was at. At the time, you never know if being at a player's first major league hit, home run, win, will ever matter until 10-15 years later.

Attending "Alex Cintron's 1st career grand slam" doesn't mean a whole lot in 2015. lol.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 05:06 PM)
Abreu has a sophmore slump and LaRoche can't adjust to AL pitching. The front office is not going to have guys on the bench or in AAA who can make up for the drop in run production. Injuries can totally change a team's success but so can off-years by your star players. Bench players are usally guys who can fill in for short periods. But if Sale has control issues and ends up a .500 pitcher next year, pretty tough to pull him and have a suitable replacement.

If Sale has control issues? What? Chris Sale has NEVER had control issues.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 09:53 PM)

I was using him as an example. What else could Hahn have possibly done?

You're b****ing about this offseason. It's been great. I guess some will always fuss to fuss

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 01:58 AM)
I was using him as an example. What else could Hahn have possibly done?

You're b****ing about this offseason. It's been great. I guess some will always fuss to fuss

i was as you said b****ing that the job is not yet finished. the job of rebuilding. look at what i have wrote, i never said i wasn't happy, i said finish the job, do not use a budget number and say they don't have the money. it has been proven they do. i am also not saying to spend 150 mil.

i guess some people will make up things to lie and b****.

QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 10:03 AM)
if I had any wishes, catcher, 2nd and 3rd base and then we'd be done.

thanks, douglas

They already have guys in place for those positions and there really aren't any other players available at this juncture to justify trading any other prospects for them. They may add another infielder or two, but my gut says they would be minor league contracts. For the most part, what you see is what you get.