Bench

Vance Law

QUOTE (bear_brian @ Dec 24, 2014 -> 08:17 PM)
At the risk of being highly redundant - since I have posted this suggestion about a dozen times now - the best available alternative for what we need on that bench - RH, infield and OF, possible platoon at 3B - is Bonifacio. He kills lefties, can even play CF. He is not an every day player, and maybe that is what he is looking for, but he fits us like a glove.

yeah i agree with you, but i wonder if the FO is agreeing with us.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 24, 2014 -> 08:31 PM)
I wonder if Danny Valencia could be had from Toronto. I think he'd be a great fit. I wouldn't mind signing Chris Denorfia for his defense and taking him out of the hitters' hells he's been in.

C - Brantly/Kottaras

1B/3B - Valencia

INF - Saladino/Garcia/Sanchez

OF - Denorfia

not a bad idea, i wonder how he would do.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 24, 2014 -> 02:11 PM)
yeah i agree with you, but i wonder if the FO is agreeing with us.

I have a feeling that Bonifacio wants over $4M per year and wants to start. We may not be able to pay that, or we may want to wait him out to see if he can be signed on our terms.

QUOTE (bear_brian @ Dec 24, 2014 -> 08:23 PM)
I have a feeling that Bonifacio wants over $4M per year and wants to start. We may not be able to pay that, or we may want to wait him out to see if he can be signed on our terms.

DV or Bonifacio, i would gladly get Bonifacio and with his skills set, he will see a lot

of at bats.

QUOTE (credezcrew24 @ Dec 25, 2014 -> 01:56 AM)
I think on that Bonafacio would end up having around 400-500 at bats with the White Sox effectively making him more of a starter than bench player.

and that is what would make him a valuable player / bench player. can anyone name

a better bench player then him?

here is another reason, if / when Eaton goes on his visit to the IR, Banafacio can

lead off.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Dec 24, 2014 -> 07:10 PM)
The Conor platoon talk is getting out of control. Apparently most of Soxtalk hit their primes career-wise at 24 years old and never wanted to get better at anything...or you all got fired after a year. Buncha spoiled jagoffs- merry Christmas :)

Dude, he had a 52 wRC+ (.565 OPS) against lefties last year, which is way better than his career numbers. Conor has showed no signs of being an effective hitter against lefties and it would be foolish to give those 100+ at-bats next year if we're serious about competing. Maybe a Christmas miracle happens and he finally figures out how to hit lefties at some point in his career, but we've done our due diligence and should accept him for what he is currently, which is the strong half of a 3B platoon.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 25, 2014 -> 02:14 AM)
Dude, he had a 52 wRC+ (.565 OPS) against lefties last year, which is way better than his career numbers. Conor has showed no signs of being an effective hitter against lefties and it would be foolish to give those 100+ at-bats next year if we're serious about competing. Maybe a Christmas miracle happens and he finally figures out how to hit lefties at some point in his career, but we've done our due diligence and should accept him for what he is currently, which is the strong half of a 3B platoon.

BRAVO!!!!

Lol bravo? I'm not taking an Internet stance, just saying the dude is very aware of his splits and might be working on it. I don't think those 100 ABs are necessarily wasted going to him, but I agree having a RH infield sub to play against the toughest of lefties is a wonderful idea.

I think it's one offseason too early to say Conor is useless full time.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Dec 25, 2014 -> 08:56 AM)
Lol bravo? I'm not taking an Internet stance, just saying the dude is very aware of his splits and might be working on it. I don't think those 100 ABs are necessarily wasted going to him, but I agree having a RH infield sub to play against the toughest of lefties is a wonderful idea.

I think it's one offseason too early to say Conor is useless full time.

no said he is useless, if fact i like him as a player. however many who are more

verse in the advance stats have stated the 3b will be better manned with 2 players.

2 different hitting players.

pin pointing my statement i can see, since the other poster is a mod / admin and

it appears you didn't want to direct this to him and the other poster just corrected

your statement. i can see that.

such a classy statement meant to all. Buncha spoiled jagoffs real class.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 25, 2014 -> 04:45 AM)
no said he is useless, if fact i like him as a player. however many who are more

verse in the advance stats have stated the 3b will be better manned with 2 players.

2 different hitting players.

pin pointing my statement i can see, since the other poster is a mod / admin and

it appears you didn't want to direct this to him and the other poster just corrected

your statement. i can see that.

such a classy statement meant to all. Buncha spoiled jagoffs real class.

Dude...

QUOTE (bear_brian @ Dec 24, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)
Bonifacio. He kills lefties

No, he killed lefties last year in 104 PAs. The year before he was absolutely brutal against lefties. And the year before that he was even worse. If the team were constructed like last year, and it was a necessity to have one player who could play CF and middle infield, Bonifacio would be ideal. But since it's not, for a platoon mate for Gillaspie, you could do better than someone with a career .721 OPS against lefties. If he hits lefties like he did in 2012 or 2013 you may as well have Gillaspie hit.

Here is a surprising stat:

In 2012, which was his last year at AAA, he had the following line, in 100 at bats: .283 .351 .414 .765

Maybe there is hope for him to figure it out, at the Big League Level. You guys know that I love his approach vs. RHP.

I just remember the guy hanging out line drives all over the whole field, for most of the season. Until Dunn left, and Robin put him in the 4TH and 5TH

spots in the order, he was terrific. His last 24 games were just brutal, and really messed up his season. He was on pace to be our second best hitter.

Hahn and the scouts saw something in his approach that they really liked, and they have been vindicated. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being

our second best hitter vs. RHP this year, as long as he hits in a suitable lineup spot. Although he won't hit the long ball much, he could continue to be a

very good Average and OBP hitter, vs. RHP.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 01:11 AM)
Here is a surprising stat:

In 2012, which was his last year at AAA, he had the following line, in 100 at bats: .283 .351 .414 .765

Maybe there is hope for him to figure it out, at the Big League Level. You guys know that I love his approach vs. RHP.

I just remember the guy hanging out line drives all over the whole field, for most of the season. Until Dunn left, and Robin put him in the 4TH and 5TH

spots in the order, he was terrific. His last 24 games were just brutal, and really messed up his season. He was on pace to be our second best hitter.

Hahn and the scouts saw something in his approach that they really liked, and they have been vindicated. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being

our second best hitter vs. RHP this year, as long as he hits in a suitable lineup spot. Although he won't hit the long ball much, he could continue to be a

very good Average and OBP hitter, vs. RHP.

i am a fan of his, i still think he got tired at the end of the season. to use those advance stats

on players, i am sure one can use those stats on Jose A hitting as well and recommend other

options. sometimes you can not manage a team but using those stats. there is not enuf

roster space for players in every situation if 1 is dependent on those stats.