Richard Kelly's(Donnie Darko) New Film

Cali

Here's the plot:

A water main breaks, resulting in repair crews unearthing an elementary school's time capsule. But when the chairman of the town's historical society opens the capsule, he finds more than he bargained for. Full of children's drawings, the sketches are predictions of the future. But one child's pictures are much more than ridiculous future worlds. Each sketch accurately predicts some of the greatest tragedies from the past fourty years. Only one of the drawings has yet to come true. In a race against time, the chairman sets out to prevent the last drawing from becoming a reality.

Sounds f***ing awesome :headbang

Hey Cali, I see Donnie Darko on HBO al lthe time, but never at the beginning. What is the premise of Darko? I'm gonna try to catch it soon, also what the name of the project you spoke about above?

The new movie is called "Knowing" and it's only been announced, no cast or anything yet.

The quick plot summary from imdb.com says this about Donnie Darko:

Highschooler Donnie is plagued by visions of a giant evil rabbit who orders him to commit acts of violence and predicts the impending end of the world.

But there's so much more to that. All I can say is watch the movie next time it's on, or rent it. It's a great movie, many people here will agree with that.

The new movie is called "Knowing" and it's only been announced, no cast or anything yet.

The quick plot summary from imdb.com says this about Donnie Darko:

Highschooler Donnie is plagued by visions of a giant evil rabbit who orders him to commit acts of violence and predicts the impending end of the world.

But there's so much more to that. All I can say is watch the movie next time it's on, or rent it. It's a great movie, many people here will agree with that.

Agreed...and after talking with Cerb, I realized I didn't understand the movie at all, even though I thought i did :lol:

This new one sounds cool.

When's the movie supposed to come out?  This is a movie I'd DEFINITELY go out and see...And this is coming from someone who doesn't go out to the movies very often.

Well it'll be a while all the listing says is 2004, and it hasn't been updated since it started prep, and that was in January.

While you're waiting rent Donnie Darko and watch that.

Well it'll be a while all the listing says is 2004, and it hasn't been updated since it started prep, and that was in January.

Would it be in most video rental stores?

should be, Blockbuster, Hollywood Video etc. should have it

Would it be in most video rental stores?

should be, Blockbuster, Hollywood Video etc. should have it

The Movie Fan's right here in downtown Normal (I live in downtown Normal), so I think I'll check that one out before walking across campus to get my car. :)