stephen drew

Whisox05

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 30, 2014 -> 09:07 AM)
Notes http://t.co/wzh3qMV3cf Rios turned down trade to #Royals last July #Rangers. Drew’s market #bluejays #athletics #cubs #whitesox

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/549918090528845825

I read that as the White Sox being a match because of their need for backup SS and 2B, not that they are actively engaged.

Since the Sox have options at 2B, they don't NEED him as much as other teams and I imagine other teams will offer him more money than the Sox would (or should). The only way he ends up on the Sox is if the rest of the market dries up. Would take a gamble on him in the $3-5M range, but he's probably going to get more than that elsewhere.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 30, 2014 -> 05:02 PM)
Beckham would actually be a good person to be a platoon with Gillaspie at 3B and backup for 2B. It would be very unusual for a team to bring back a former starter as a platoon/bench player though.

but he will have no bat, no offense.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Dec 30, 2014 -> 10:41 AM)
Let's do his agent, Scott Boros, a favor and sign him up. Was it a year ago when Boros was touting Drew as a top five or top ten SS? Give me a break. He is awful. Ask any Red Sox fan.

I agree with you here....why sign Drew when you have his clone on the roster already in Leury Garcia. Both of theses players have the ability to drive the ball...to maybe 2nd base, lmao!! When Garcia comes to the plate it's time to go grab a sandwich because the guy is pathetic to watch hitting.

QUOTE (midway @ Dec 30, 2014 -> 12:52 PM)
I agree with you here....why sign Drew when you have his clone on the roster already in Leury Garcia. Both of theses players have the ability to drive the ball...to maybe 2nd base, lmao!! When Garcia comes to the plate it's time to go grab a sandwich because the guy is pathetic to watch hitting.

Based on this information, you'd also justifiably say that Adam Dunn could barely hit the ball to 2B too, I mean...

Adam Dunn 2011 - .159/.292/.277, 496 PAs

Stephen Drew 2014 - .162/.237/.299, 300 PAs

Stephen Drew is coming off a terrible season but a comparison to Leury Garcia is not a valid comparison.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 30, 2014 -> 07:19 PM)
Based on this information, you'd also justifiably say that Adam Dunn could barely hit the ball to 2B too, I mean...

Adam Dunn 2011 - .159/.292/.277, 496 PAs

Stephen Drew 2014 - .162/.237/.299, 300 PAs

Stephen Drew is coming off a terrible season but a comparison to Leury Garcia is not a valid comparison.

i will respect posters opinions, but i still can't see how Drew is suppose to be

good.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Dec 30, 2014 -> 11:41 AM)
Let's do his agent, Scott Boros, a favor and sign him up. Was it a year ago when Boros was touting Drew as a top five or top ten SS? Give me a break. He is awful. Ask any Red Sox fan.

Wait, Drew hasn't fired Boras yet for destroying his career?

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Dec 30, 2014 -> 02:04 PM)
Wait, Drew hasn't fired Boras yet for destroying his career?

Why would he fire him, Boras got him 10 million dollars last season and he sat out for half of the season

Hell, look his career. Boras keeps getting him paid and he really has been mediocre save for a few seasons.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 30, 2014 -> 01:08 PM)
Scott Boras was the guy in a Drew jersey putting up a .536 OPS?

Turned down $14.1M that he'll never see again, and the delay in him getting started last year likely lead to his value-killing dropoff. Yep, destroyed his career.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Dec 30, 2014 -> 02:09 PM)
Turned down $14.1M that he'll never see again, and the delay in him getting started last year likely lead to his value-killing dropoff. Yep, destroyed his career.

I think his consecutive years batting under .200 killed his career more. While he probably wishes he took the 14 million, i think the 10 million he got was just fine. If i am him im not firing Boras for getting me 20 million over the last two years, I am probably hugging him