2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 08:30 PM)
Lol. so basically, one of (if not the best) hitting prospects in baseball can only be traded to the al or for pitching because he has nothing but DH in his future? #stopIT.

Kyle Schwarber’s Cub career may be Over

http://cleatgeeks.com/blog/2015/06/23/kyle...er-may-be-over/

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 27, 2015 -> 10:34 AM)
All the Cub fans yesterday were complaining about the Cardinals getting "lucky", as if the Cubs haven't pulled a bunch of wins completely out of their asses this year.
Yeah, another "lucky" night for the Cardinals I guess. 8 lucky runs.

I was looking at some stats today, and I noticed that Bryant and LaRoche have basically the same walk and strikeout rates, with LaRoche having a slight advantage in each. Bryant has 2 more extra base hits in 9 more PA, and then the difference is that he has a .380 BABIP to LaRoche's .318. Interesting that LaRoche gets roasted for his performance though, when stastically the two aren't super far apart.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 27, 2015 -> 10:30 PM)
I was looking at some stats today, and I noticed that Bryant and LaRoche have basically the same walk and strikeout rates, with LaRoche having a slight advantage in each. Bryant has 2 more extra base hits in 9 more PA, and then the difference is that he has a .380 BABIP to LaRoche's .318. Interesting that LaRoche gets roasted for his performance though, when stastically the two aren't super far apart.

Really? STRECTH!!!

Yes I think intentionally losing for 5 years when you have arguably the second biggest fanbase is cheating. Busch all around. Taking a dump on all the hard work the small market teams do and adding flies to the pile by handing Lester a cool 150. Way to go cubs.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 06:11 PM)
Yes I think intentionally losing for 5 years when you have arguably the second biggest fanbase is cheating. Busch all around. Taking a dump on all the hard work the small market teams do and adding flies to the pile by handing Lester a cool 150. Way to go cubs.

It's not cheating, but the Cubs are the only ones who could pull this off. The Sox have to basically go for it every year or the fanbase disappears.

It just sucks that everything is going wrong this year.

Theo and Jed took over after the 2011 season. So it's more like 3 years.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 05:17 PM)
It's not cheating, but the Cubs are the only ones who could pull this off. The Sox have to basically go for it every year or the fanbase disappears.

Where has the fanbase been since 2007?

We're going to lose a lot more than the 1800-1900 season tickets that we added "going for it" this offseason, so obviously that strategy isn't working, either.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 07:17 PM)

People keep saying how terrible it would be for the White Sox to rebuild...and they're about to finish 4 terrible seasons out of 5 and be in a far worse position overall than the Cubs were after their 5 losing seasons.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 06:27 PM)
People keep saying how terrible it would be for the White Sox to rebuild...and they're about to finish 4 terrible seasons out of 5 and be in a far worse position overall than the Cubs were after their 5 losing seasons.

Again, it's only been three years. Anything before Theo/Jed is moot.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 06:17 PM)

What fan base? They are already bottom five in attendance and basically irrelevant in Chicago. This is 5 under .500 seasons in 7 years. Would anyone even notice if they tanked for a few years ?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 07:05 PM)
What fan base? They are already bottom five in attendance and basically irrelevant in Chicago. This is 5 under .500 seasons in 7 years. Would anyone even notice if they tanked for a few years ?

Disappears even more I guess?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 08:43 PM)
Disappears even more I guess?

Which is already going to happen next year. I can't tell whether the fan base is best described as disappointed, angry, disillusioned, or just doesn't care. I think it's a bit of all of them - some people who bought in this year are sad, some are disappointed, some are furious with themselves for having bought into this mess.

We might have actually made out better with a rebuild.

What?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 06:50 AM)
What?

I like the use of BUSCH, haha.

Because the Cardinals (Busch/Budweiser ties) and Tigers are/were technically small market teams and both have exploited this definition to get extra picks in the draft, although both operate like bigger market teams than the White Sox.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 06:39 AM)
Until the Cubs learn how to beat the Cardinals, they aren't going anywhere.

What does this even mean? The Cubs are so young and ahead of schedule. I wouldn't bet that they won't start beating the Cardinals at some point. That time isn't now though. Cubs have the better long-term assets and more $$ to spend. It's not about "learning to beat them". It's just that it'll take time for the Cubs to actually be really good. They have so many young guys that droughts and losing streaks are going to happen. These young guys need like 1,500 plate appearances before I make any judgments about any of them.