2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 09:05 AM)
Personally, I'm glad there is a site where we can talk about the Cubs and not be essentially hazed. A certain other site kicked me off for like the Cubs.

Admittedly, part of it is being far away from Chicago now, so a lot of the cultural clash of the two fanbases seems to be in the distant past for me. There are a ton of Cub fans here and they all just want to watch and talk baseball. It's reasonably refreshing relative to the scumbags on social media who flame Sox fans that like watching the young and exciting Cubs play.

Wanting to talk about the Cubs on a board for the White Sox seems pretty silly to me. You would think if you were a fan of the Cubs, you'd want to talk with people who were also fans of the Cubs.

Here there really aren't other Cubs fans as much as there are the paranoid and angry about what the Cubs are doing, plus the token King of Bandwagons.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 01:01 PM)
Unless you are trying to get under a White Sox fan's skin, why would someone go to Soxtalk to praise and discuss Cubs baseball?

By virtue of them being another Chicago team I know their roster and their organizational happenings a heckuva lot more than almost any team in baseball outside of the White Sox. At the very least that gives what they're doing more focus because I already know it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 12:02 PM)
By virtue of them being another Chicago team I know their roster and their organizational happenings a heckuva lot more than almost any team in baseball outside of the White Sox. At the very least that gives what they're doing more focus because I already know it.

Wouldn't you rather discuss it with people who follow their team and not another? Do you use Cubs themed sites?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)
Wouldn't you rather discuss it with people who follow their team and not another? Do you use Cubs themed sites?

No I don't use any Cub themed sites and I can chat up people I know in person about them plenty if I really want.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 12:40 PM)

Why should we? I like a lot of the people here. Why should I have to go somewhere else to discuss other teams?

There's a general baseball board and the most popular topic would be the Cubs. Might as well have a Cubs catch-all thread.

Plus, I hope someday the White Sox will have similar success to these Cubs.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 01:02 PM)
Why should we? I like a lot of the people here. Why should I have to go somewhere else to discuss other teams?

There's a general baseball board and the most popular topic would be the Cubs. Might as well have a Cubs catch-all thread.

Plus, I hope someday the White Sox will have similar success to these Cubs.

You came to Soxtalk to discuss the White Sox. I would imagine if one wanted to discuss the Cubs, they would frequent a Cubs message board. I wouldn't go to Cubstalk.com to tell everyone how great the White Sox are and hopeless the Cubs are unless I wanted to get under some skin. I just hope when people discuss the Cubs "success" they use the same criteria as they do the White Sox. As far as I can tell, "sustained success" has yet to occur at Clark and Addision.

Obviously this is a Cubs catch all and the Cubs are going to be discussed. I even discuss them. I just think the poster that want to be Cubs fans on Soxtalk are just trolling.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
You came to Soxtalk to discuss the White Sox. I would imagine if one wanted to discuss the Cubs, they would frequent a Cubs message board. I wouldn't go to Cubstalk.com to tell everyone how great the White Sox are and hopeless the Cubs are unless I wanted to get under some skin. I just hope when people discuss the Cubs "success" they use the same criteria as they do the White Sox. As far as I can tell, "sustained success" has yet to occur at Clark and Addision.

Obviously this is a Cubs catch all and the Cubs are going to be discussed. I even discuss them. I just think the poster that want to be Cubs fans on Soxtalk are just trolling.

How about giving him and everyone else a break that enjoys all baseball teams and appreciates quality game play?

There's nothing wrong with talking about the Cubs on any message board; even ours. It's a Sox board and a baseball sub-board.

Last I checked, the Cubs were another baseball team deserving of discussion.

QUOTE (aryzner @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 10:57 AM)
I think the point he is trying to make is that he's of the opinion that the Cubs stuff should just be put in the MLB Catch-All thread and not have that thread and then this one dedicated to the Cubs. I can't say I disagree with him if that's what he's trying to say.

Yup, this is what I meant.

If people made a Nats/pirates/twins/Yankees dedicated thread in this forum, we would let it exist just the same. Threads sink or swim based on interest. Obviously a few posters keep this one floating.

If you don't like it, don't post. No big deal

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 05:12 PM)
If people made a Nats/pirates/twins/Yankees dedicated thread in this forum, we would let it exist just the same. Threads sink or swim based on interest. Obviously a few posters keep this one floating.

Did anybody complain about this thread from '09 through '14? Doubt it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 05:12 PM)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 07:48 PM)
So is Dan Haren. They're already a playoff team, but they're throwing s*** at the wall and seeing what sticks without giving up anything from their still strong farm system.

As long as you do not need him in a meaningful game, he will be fine.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 07:48 PM)
So is Dan Haren. They're already a playoff team, but they're throwing s*** at the wall and seeing what sticks without giving up anything from their still strong farm system.

I know you like your bold pretentious statements but don't forget they are still a young team and they have a battle tested Giants team on their heels.