2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 07:00 PM)
Somebody check on fathom.

I'm good, thanks for the concern :)

Cubs are playing awesome right now, while the two other NL Central contenders seem to have completely hit the wall. At least Dodgers and Mets have a lot of talent as well. Hopefully Cards find a way to win tomorrow, which should lock up the NL Central for them.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 21, 2015 -> 02:30 AM)
24 hours ago the Pirates had a half game lead and they were facing Kershaw. Now it's two games and fathom can sleep again. Baseball.

Sounds like Yadi might have a serious injury. Given his awful at bats, not so sure it's as devastating as people will suggest

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 09:52 PM)
Sounds like Yadi might have a serious injury. Given his awful at bats, not so sure it's as devastating as people will suggest

What? He's the best defensive catcher in the game, they need him, especially given the pitching struggles.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 21, 2015 -> 03:33 AM)
What? He's the best defensive catcher in the game, they need him, especially given the pitching struggles.

I take it back, I had no idea how bad Cruz is defensively. One of the worst pitcher framers in baseball. Ironically, Flowers is the 2nd best and Soto has been excellent as well.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 09:52 PM)

When Tony Cruz is the other option, its devastating.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 10:33 PM)

Beat me to it.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 21, 2015 -> 09:47 AM)
The Cardinals were bound to have pitching problems eventually. They've been getting very lucky all year with LOB% and in RISP situations.

Definitely. I'm surprised they haven't had more slumps this year. Their lineup is more or less pieced together and their rotation is full of guys who have out-performed their peripherals.