2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 08:20 PM)
Joe Maddon brings cheetah to cubs game!!!!11 Another amazing example of Joe keeping the clubhouse loose!!1! This is truly revolutionary managing!!!!111!!!!!11!

He did the same things back in Tampa when he was just another manager. But no one cares about traditions that started with other teams before becoming Cubs folklore *Cough, Harry Caray*.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 11:10 PM)
On pace for best 2nd half ERA in MLB history. Just have to hope Cardinals hold them off forNL Central crown.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 09:38 AM)
6. games. back. Not even in 2nd place.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 12:53 PM)
Cardinals about to lose the suspended game also. Lost 7 of 9 and looking awful. I don't get why Broxton is getting important innings for him, he was freaking awful in Milwaukee.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)
The Cardinals have lost 7 of 9. I guess that clearly invalidates 5 months of a .650 winning percentage. They're totally losing that division. They should have sold at the trade deadline. Like how when the White Sox won 7 straight it propelled them to the best record in baseball and clearly established they were the best team. That winning streak still hasn't ended.

All right, I'm bumping this.

Despite everything above...on September 12 the Cardinals lead was 6 games. On September 24, the Cardinals lead is 7 games. The Cardinals elimination number for knocking the Cubs out of the division is 4. The Cubs are on their way to the playoffs and about to clinch the wild card, but the Pirates lead on them has held steady and is up to 3 - the 2 teams have a 3 game series this weekend and unless the Cubs sweep or the Pirates fall apart the Cubs are likely to have to go to PNC park for the Wild Card.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 11:27 AM)

Despite everything above...on September 12 the Cardinals lead was 6 games. On September 24, the Cardinals lead is 7 games. The Cardinals elimination number for knocking the Cubs out of the division is 4. The Cubs are on their way to the playoffs and about to clinch the wild card, but the Pirates lead on them has held steady and is up to 3 - the 2 teams have a 3 game series this weekend and unless the Cubs sweep or the Pirates fall apart the Cubs are likely to have to go to PNC park for the Wild Card.

Cubs are best team ever.

NL Wild card game at 7:08 PM on October 7. Blackhawks home opener and banner raising at 7:00 PM on October 7. My buddy that I'm going to the Hawks game with is a huge Cubs fan and season ticket holder. Should be interesting (especially if they somehow catch the Pirates, which I doubt)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 02:11 PM)
NL Wild card game at 7:08 PM on October 7. Blackhawks home opener and banner raising at 7:00 PM on October 7. My buddy that I'm going to the Hawks game with is a huge Cubs fan and season ticket holder. Should be interesting (especially if they somehow catch the Pirates, which I doubt)

Ha, even when the Cubs win, they lose

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 02:14 PM)
Ha, even when the Cubs win, they lose

I'd take that in a hearbeat as a White Sox fan and seeing a banner raised does nothing for me in comparison to my team playing playoff baseball.

The cub game will greatly overshadow a pretty meaningless hockey game.

Opening Day in baseball ends a long cold winter. Opening day in hockey even with a banner raising signifies the start of a long cold winter.

Game one of hockey playoffs is my equivalent to baseball opening day.

IMHO

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 12:27 PM)

Dude, nobody but fathom (due to his extreme, wacked out Cubs paranoia) thought the Cubs had a chance in hell of catching the Cardinals. Cubs looked like they had a shot a few days ago of catching the Pirates. Pitt beat Kershaw last week and haven't looked back.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 07:22 PM)
Dude, nobody but fathom (due to his extreme, wacked out Cubs paranoia) thought the Cubs had a chance in hell of catching the Cardinals. Cubs looked like they had a shot a few days ago of catching the Pirates. Pitt beat Kershaw last week and haven't looked back.

(you may take note of whose posts I quoted).

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 02:22 PM)
Pirates have won 6 in a row coming in to today, so accordingly, they will lose and the Cubs will clinch against them.

Basically the Pirates need to not be swept in this series. If they win 1/3, the Cubs have an almost impossible task of catching them for home field in the WC game and the Pirates are 50-25 at home on the year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)
Basically the Pirates need to not be swept in this series. If they win 1/3, the Cubs have an almost impossible task of catching them for home field in the WC game and the Pirates are 50-25 at home on the year.

Cublets 6-4 at PNC- looks like they have 1 more to make up over there from 8/3.