2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 10:42 AM)
That's why you get as many as you can. I'm sure the Giants thought it would be Lincecum for awhile. Pitcher's success is fickle. They still won due to the pitching.

And Cain. Or even Zito.

Is David Haugh getting paid by the Cubs, too? Good God, this doesn't even strike the reader as halfway objective.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colum...404-column.html

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 09:26 AM)
Kaplan just said he would take Hendricks over Rodon for the next 2 years lmao.

Also, said yesterday morning that the Cubs top 3 starters are better than the Sox, before Haugh knocked him down a notch.

Yeah.

No.

Also, said yesterday morning that the Cubs top 3 starters are better than the Sox, before Haugh knocked him down a notch.

And that is why no one takes the guy seriously. He will literally say anything to get ratings.

Apparently Hendricks had/has some good stuff, but he sits at around 87 MPH with his fastball and is strictly a control pitcher. He's got a good change, but nothing special outside of that. Yeah, he was decent last year in 13 starts, but his xFIP was 3.92 and it seems like he lucked out a bit.

Rodon, on the other hand, hits 95 with the fastball and has a devastating slider. He's also left handed and was the third pick in the draft. There's a huge talent gap.

If you were to tell me you'd rather have Arrieta than Rodon, I'd give that some thought since Arrieta actually has really good stuff, unlike Hendricks.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2015 -> 11:40 AM)
And that is why no one takes the guy seriously. He will literally say anything to get ratings.

Kaplan has been like Bruce Levine Cub lover always, nothing Sox do is ever good enough.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 06:39 PM)
I really don't understand Cubs fans. Hey, if you want to have a good team, stop hyping any glimmer of hope you have. Not every new year is your year.

I haven't come across a single solitary Cubs fan that think they're going to win the WS this year. But they have many, many reasons to be hype/excited/etc.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 06:49 PM)
I haven't come across a single solitary Cubs fan that think they're going to win the WS this year. But they have many, many reasons to be hype/excited/etc.

I was watching the ESPN pre-game show and I cringed at all the pro-Cubs stuff.

Cubs "fans" love saying This is the Year!

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 07:32 PM)
I will say I love... LOVE that Maddon has Soler at the 2 spot.

Castro in the 2 spot never made a lot of sense to me, he just didn't have the plate discipline. I think I dislike him in the cleanup spot even more though.

Yeah after being a big proponent of cubs being better being good for all of Chicago baseball, we are 45 minutes in and I already can't stand it. My Twitter feed is at Card fan playoff levels.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 04:23 PM)
Apparently Hendricks had/has some good stuff, but he sits at around 87 MPH with his fastball and is strictly a control pitcher. He's got a good change, but nothing special outside of that. Yeah, he was decent last year in 13 starts, but his xFIP was 3.92 and it seems like he lucked out a bit.

Rodon, on the other hand, hits 95 with the fastball and has a devastating slider. He's also left handed and was the third pick in the draft. There's a huge talent gap.

If you were to tell me you'd rather have Arrieta than Rodon, I'd give that some thought since Arrieta actually has really good stuff, unlike Hendricks.

Rodon's already been up to 97 in the spring.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 06:40 PM)
Yeah after being a big proponent of cubs being better being good for all of Chicago baseball, we are 45 minutes in and I already can't stand it. My Twitter feed is at Card fan playoff levels.

The Cubs' line-up really isn't very dangerous except for Soler, Castro and Rizzo.

Obviously, you stick Bryant in there for Olt, and Russell for LaStella and things can change significantly.

However, the expecations for those young prospects are so high it's hard to believe they can actually live up to them.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 07:31 PM)
I am confused, why is David Ross their catcher? Is it just strictly for Lester?

Yeah, normally it will be Montero.

This game reminds me of the White Sox with RISP and less than 2 outs...need Juan Uribe or Joe Crede.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Tmar @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 08:02 PM)
How many homers for jose baez tonight?

None until Friday for JAVY Baez and Bryant.

Btw, batting Lester in the 8 spot didn't work out so brilliantly, as he left a RISP and LaStella got a hit to lead off the subsequent inning.

Edited by caulfield12