2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 06:49 PM)
I haven't come across a single solitary Cubs fan that think they're going to win the WS this year. But they have many, many reasons to be hype/excited/etc.

That's how the majority of my Cubs fans friends are. They think it will be a fun year but they won't compete over the whole season.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
That stat last night where Lester has only thrown over to 1B once since 2011 is pretty incredible.

The last time he threw over to 1B was April 30, 2013. Not 2011, nonetheless that's still incredible.

I forgot what inning it was but, when he got the comebacker to him when Hayward was on second with 0 outs and Hayward went to third, Lester didn't even think of going to third to get him.

He definitely has a severe case of the yips.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 01:17 AM)
does anyone remember a sick youtube of some kids sliding head first into the urinal trough ??? some said it was at wrigley?? i don't know over maybe 10+ yrs.

I don't think it was actually at Wrigley, but I haven't been there enough to compare. The worst part is the guys standing near the end that get drenched.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 09:50 AM)
The last time he threw over to 1B was April 30, 2013. Not 2011, nonetheless that's still incredible.

I forgot what inning it was but, when he got the comebacker to him when Hayward was on second with 0 outs and Hayward went to third, Lester didn't even think of going to third to get him.

He definitely has a severe case of the yips.

They said that was the only time he had thrown to first since 2011.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 07:34 AM)
Fathom, this is why I always feel bad for you. If you are going to always be obsessed with the Cubs, at least enjoy nights like these ;)

It was an enjoyable game to watch. The Cubs offense will be very good, but I do think it's quite comical they looked so bad given their fans begging for Bryant to be up now.

I watched some last night with my wife, who finds baseball on tv incredibly boring. She and I both thought ESPN has been doing a great job of audio editing and cut aways around the park. I wish comcast could get a sound mix as good as ESPNs, but without their commentary crew.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 11:10 AM)
So does Bryant make a difference in yesterday's game? I mean the wonder twins got 1 hit and 1 BB.

Watch the Cubs suck, then Bryant gets called up with all the hype and pressure on his shoulders. Then he inevitably fails because of said pressure.

I swear man, the hype kills almost every Cubs prospect.

I guess I can see how they were caught off guard by the bathroom situation...not really but I will give them a pass on that, but a hot dog bun shortage? That is freaking hilarious.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 11:10 AM)
So does Bryant make a difference in yesterday's game? I mean the wonder twins got 1 hit and 1 BB.

Was talking baseball earlier with a friend and the thing that we both agreed on was the fact that Bryant should have been up all of last year. This year I get but he should have been up last year as well.

The cubs have cost bryant two years of free agency. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Also Bryce harper is younger than Kris Bryant.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 11:52 AM)
Watch the Cubs suck, then Bryant gets called up with all the hype and pressure on his shoulders. Then he inevitably fails because of said pressure.

I swear man, the hype kills almost every Cubs prospect.

Josh Vitter, Felix Pie, Jake Fox, etc. are among my favorite examples.

Every Cubs prospect is supposed to be the savior and it...doesn't work.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 10:46 PM)
Josh Vitter, Felix Pie, Jake Fox, etc. are among my favorite examples.

Every Cubs prospect is supposed to be the savior and it...doesn't work.

Bobby Hill

Brant Brown

Kevin Orie

Angel Guzman

Corey Patterson

Dwight Smith

Jerome Walton

Gary Scott

Brooks Kieschnick

Shawon Dunston (never realized potential of #1 overall pick, decent career)

Players change, Managers and GM"s change, but same old s***, bunch of slow, station-to-station, flat footed right handed semi-power hitters, no one who can either run the bases or steal one, or hit with two-out, hit in the clutch or play under the slightest pressure. Same old s***. Starlin Castro falling asleep out at shortstop, as always, can't say that you came blame him, the games are so long and boring and he is such a brainless twit!

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 11:28 PM)
Players change, Managers and GM"s change, but same old s***, bunch of slow, station-to-station, flat footed right handed semi-power hitters, no one who can either run the bases or steal one, or hit with two-out, hit in the clutch or play under the slightest pressure. Same old s***. Starlin Castro falling asleep out at shortstop, as always, can't say that you came blame him, the games are so long and boring and he is such a brainless twit!

Things should change with Bryant and Russell injecting some excitement into that line-up, to go along with Soler and Rizzo.

Depending on whether Castro's head is in the game or not, that's a very solid core of five youngish players, not counting the likes of Alcantara, Baez, Schwarber, Almora, McKinney, etc.

Edited by caulfield12