2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 09:14 PM)
Reds are gonna trade Aroldis, aren't they? That team has no pitching outside of Cueto

And seems they were smart to deal Latos when they did.

Wonder if Cooper would consider returning Chapman to a starting role...

Can you imagine Sale/Chapman/Rodon/Quintana/Samardzija?

Of course, it couldn't happen this year...his arm would need to be stretched out again.

The problem with Chapman is we just spent $48 million on Robertson, so adding him in the Marte/Thornton role would be prohibitively expensive with the payroll close to its limits or beyond already.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)
Sure did

deadspin.com/jon-doesnt-have-the-yips-lester-airmails-throw-to-fir-1697629188

It looks like he didn't even try to make a good throw. It's hard to imagine a major league pitcher would be that terrible at simply throwing the ball the 1st base. Can he field bunts at all?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)
I am going up to Wrigley with the old lady tonight. What are the odds I am able to ignore the Sox score the whole time I am there?

0.0%. I'm pretty sure you won't be sitting in the outfield, and the Sox score will be on the big green CF scoreboard the entire time.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
But I know that... so I could consciously avoid it... right? Please...

It might take some effort, but sure you can do it. Just avoid the bottom right corner of the scoreboard, that's where Chicago (AL) is always listed.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 02:38 PM)
Remember how Garland was awful at throwing to first on bunts or soft grounders. It was really funny like he didnt know how to play the game of baseball.

A lot of pitchers have problems throwing off flat ground after being on the mound for a while.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 05:01 PM)
Clayton Richard had a lot of problems throwing the ball (to a base) when they'd bunt on him or he'd field a comebacker as well, fwiw.

There is a lot of pitchers that have had that issue. I think the oddity here is nobody noticed this really until the opening game of this season.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 09:25 PM)
How the hell is Kevin Gregg one of the Reds setup guys. He is f***ing terrible.

How is even on a MLB roster, let alone pitching with a lead in the 8th???

And are the Cubs actually gonna keep David Ross around for 2 years to simply be Lester's personal catcher?? Probably the last person you want to see pinch in the 9th and face Chapman, he had no chance.