2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (SnB @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)
Teenage SnB would be hating life right now. Older, 30ish year old Snb is just envious that they did it the smart, right way.

I don't really "get" the cub hate anymore. I'm not rooting for them, but I'm not exactly rooting against them either. Hell, I'll probably make my way to wrigley sometime this month/september just to feel some pennant chase baseball buzz again.

The cubs fans in my office aren't obnoxious and I don't really hang out in bars anymore and have to deal w/ those type of fans. The people that know me know I'm not going to get into the cubs/sox thing so they don't either.

Now get off my lawn.

I would think real Cub fans would be more interested in knocking off the Cardinals.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
Between the Cubs and the Knicks dynasties, the next 10 MLB/NBA titles are all spoken for.

This nonsense is silly. All that matters is the White Sox and Bulls are locked out by their own stupidity. The White Sox management lacks the guts to do what is necessary.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 05:26 PM)
This nonsense is silly. All that matters is the White Sox and Bulls are locked out by their own stupidity. The White Sox management lacks the guts to do what is necessary.

Crazy talk. The White Sox ARE currently doing what you want them to be doing. They just did it so damn fast and well that you didn't even notice and took a shot at competing with the new core because it's so damn good.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 06:35 PM)
Crazy talk. The White Sox ARE currently doing what you want them to be doing. They just did it so damn fast and well that you didn't even notice and took a shot at competing with the new core because it's so damn good.

Either your television doesn't work, or you are being sarcastic.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 09:48 PM)
Brewers got bailed out by the wild pitch, Montero almost got out of it.

First blown save since the end of May.

Montero saves the day with a walk-off solo shot in the tenth.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 04:20 AM)
Closing fast on the Pirates as well

Not a surprise, Pirates have a tough schedule and losing Burnett has really exposed their pitching staff. Starling Marte also left tonight's game with a hand injury. As long as Cubs don't pass the Cardinals, I'll just pray that Cole or Liriano can beat Arrieta in a 1-game situation.

I think their pitching staff could very realistically let them down in the stretch run. 1 and 2 are top notch in the rotation, but there is no guaranteeing they get great production from 3-5. Rondon and Grimm are pretty much nails but neither is experienced as a closer and they are fairly soft beyond those two. Their success can be mostly attributed to the pitching staff but it isn't exactly loaded with talent nor is it loaded with guys that have track records of consistent performance. With that said, they're all on fire right now.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Aug 12, 2015 -> 10:48 PM)
Was at first called an out. Does anyone know the exact rule on this? Are you allowed to climb or step on anything on the field?

I thought since he caught it while still in play it would be an out and once he went out of play the runners get to move up. Not sure exactly

So Uribe's World Series 9th inning catch into the stands doesnt get any love? Rizzo made the "catch of the century" against a terrible Brewers team fielding a AAA lineup?

It was a really good catch, but goddamn there have been better catches in bigger moments. Hell, Dewayne Wise's catch was better given the circumstances

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 09:04 AM)
So Uribe's World Series 9th inning catch into the stands doesnt get any love? Rizzo made the "catch of the century" against a terrible Brewers team fielding a AAA lineup?

It was a really good catch, but goddamn there have been better catches in bigger moments. Hell, Dewayne Wise's catch was better given the circumstances

Right. This one was cool. But we've seen cooler.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 09:04 AM)

Considering the circumstances, Uribe's catch out-ranks them all. Diving over the wall in the bottom of the 9th of a 1-run World Series clinching game with a runner on 2nd base.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 11:50 AM)
Considering the circumstances, Uribe's catch out-ranks them all. Diving over the wall in the bottom of the 9th of a 1-run World Series clinching game with a runner on 2nd base.

And no one will ever talk about it outside of the South Side.