2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 08:33 AM)
If Abreu is in a slump now, that would be awesome. I think he leveled out after the league had more experience with him, but we will see. It's the difference between potentially being a top 5 hitter in baseball or just a top 5 hitter in the divsion.

Yeah, this is basically what I meant.

I'm expecting monster numbers from him next year.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Joe Maddon is a genius. Had them wear pajamas on their flight home. Who, other than a genius thinks of these things? I am really surprised they didn't win last night. It must have been the hangover from winning the WS the night before.

Kaplan on his show yesterday, "If I told you the Cubs would be 2-4 on this past road trip, would you take it" Every panelist's answer..........yes. The Cubs can do no wrong in Chicago. A WC team 3rd in their division, and this panel was comparing them to the 2004 Red Sox. This disappointment is going to be tremendous.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 08:43 AM)
That Joe Maddon is a genius. Had them wear pajamas on their flight home. Who, other than a genius thinks of these things? I am really surprised they didn't win last night. It must have been the hangover from winning the WS the night before.

Kaplan on his show yesterday, "If I told you the Cubs would be 2-4 on this past road trip, would you take it" Every panelist's answer..........yes. The Cubs can do no wrong in Chicago. A WC team 3rd in their division, and this panel was comparing them to the 2004 Red Sox. This disappointment is going to be tremendous.

I look forward to it.

"Well at least we made the playoffs!"

Doesn't matter when neither of us won the WS

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 02:43 PM)

Maddon managed one of the worst games I have ever seen yesterday

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)
The Cubs are 74-56 with a +22 run differential (13th overall). The A's have a +18 run differential yet are 58-74. Baseball is weird.

Arizona is ahead of the cubs I believe in run differential.

Everything is going right for them this year. Sometimes that just happens.

Statistically speaking they are an anomaly. I still think they will regret not getting another arm.

I also think they strike out way to much.

Schwarber's last 15 games: .148/.246/.389, 22 Ks

Not saying he won't still be a monster for years to come, but can we wait for him to play more than 50 games in his career before anointing him as the centerpiece of the next Murderer's Row (or saying we should have picked him over Rodon)?

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 09:28 AM)
Schwarber's last 15 games: .148/.246/.389, 22 Ks

Not saying he won't still be a monster for years to come, but can we wait for him to play more than 50 games in his career before anointing him as the centerpiece of the next Murderer's Row (or saying we should have picked him over Rodon)?

Or that he'd win ROY this year?

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 08:28 AM)
Misread the stat. He's runs above a replacement, and that's mostly due to his position. In left he would be below, but still worth it overall, obviously.

He has a DRS of -5 at 3rd. He has only played 38 innings in the outfield this year

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 04:06 PM)
Internet is freaking out thinking it is Castro because Baez is playing today in his place.

If that really is the case, taking to twitter for something like that is a piss poor way of handling it. Apparently showing up your not teammates and manager publicly isn't a part of those standards?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 04:08 PM)
If that really is the case, taking to twitter for something like that is a piss poor way of handling it. Apparently showing up your not teammates and manager publicly isn't a part of those standards?

My buddy just tweeted at me saying he heard people discussing this on the radio (didn't say what station) and that that tweet was meant to be for a fan......

I don't know if I buy that.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 04:11 PM)
My buddy just tweeted at me saying he heard people discussing this on the radio (didn't say what station) and that that tweet was meant to be for a fan......

I don't know if I buy that.

If you remove Castro from the equation, I can maybe see it reading that way. Especially if a caller used the word "bro" or something. Who knows.