2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryant just hit another incredibly cheap homer with the wind. He's putting up monster numbers at Wrigley this year, as he is an absolute monster with the wind blowing out due to the loft he gets. Reds bullpen has been awful vs the Cubs this year.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 04:11 PM)
My buddy just tweeted at me saying he heard people discussing this on the radio (didn't say what station) and that that tweet was meant to be for a fan......

I don't know if I buy that.

I heard this interview. It was on Waddle and Silvy. Arrieta said some guy messaged him saying he didn't get a no-no because Castro's error should have been ruled a hit. Arrieta claims he thought he clicked to reply just to this one guy, and didn't realize it was going out to everyone.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 04:10 PM)
The SCORE uses a term called bum slayer for guys like Joakim Noah but isn't that exactly what the cubs are?

That lineup beats bad pitching but gets handled rather easily by good pitching.

I guess maybe that is all of baseball who knows.

I'm thinking it's the strikeouts. When I have some time later I'll look closer to see how high strikeout offenses have fared against good pitching, I would think they're more susceptible to being put down.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 04:08 PM)
I heard this interview. It was on Waddle and Silvy. Arrieta said some guy messaged him saying he didn't get a no-no because Castro's error should have been ruled a hit. Arrieta claims he thought he clicked to reply just to this one guy, and didn't realize it was going out to everyone.

That makes a lot more sense than him calling out Castro.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 04:15 PM)
I'm thinking it's the strikeouts. When I have some time later I'll look closer to see how high strikeout offenses have fared against good pitching, I would think they're more susceptible to being put down.

They struck out 13 times today and that seems to be the norm.

All of their rookies strike out over 31% of the time.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 03:57 PM)
Bryant just hit another incredibly cheap homer with the wind. He's putting up monster numbers at Wrigley this year, as he is an absolute monster with the wind blowing out due to the loft he gets. Reds bullpen has been awful vs the Cubs this year.

God, he's special. Like Abreu special.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 07:05 PM)
Or having a horrendous trade deadline

Bah, they weren't giving up any of their young players yet and that's a decision they made long ago. Even with the Nationals example I can't really criticize for sticking to your plan.

Price, Arrietta, Lester looks a lot better next year and doesn't even cost them a draft pick.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 06:08 PM)
Bah, they weren't giving up any of their young players yet and that's a decision they made long ago. Even with the Nationals example I can't really criticize for sticking to your plan.

Price, Arrietta, Lester looks a lot better next year and doesn't even cost them a draft pick.

Agree with all of this.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 06:08 PM)

I watched one of those painful Kap & Haugh cubs deep-throating videos on CSN and they were saying if the cubs extend Arrieta & sign Price they will end up shelling out almost a half billion for 3 arms. Incredible. And they aren't young dudes.

I kind of hope they do sign Price because that might actually close their window, financially speaking. 4 years from now they could be in some real financial trouble unless they get all Dodgersy.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 06:30 PM)
I watched one of those painful Kap & Haugh cubs deep-throating videos on CSN and they were saying if the cubs extend Arrieta & sign Price they will end up shelling out almost a half billion for 3 arms. Incredible. And they aren't young dudes.

I kind of hope they do sign Price because that might actually close their window, financially speaking. 4 years from now they could be in some real financial trouble unless they get all Dodgersy.

It would certainly make things tough when their position players are ready to be paid. Putting all that money into pitchers over 30 does not seem like a good idea, but if it brings them a title it'll probably be worth it.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 07:30 PM)

I bet the Dodgers will total that for 2.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 08:22 PM)
I bet the Dodgers will total that for 2.

Is one of those 2 going to be Greinke? I don't really see them shelling out that much for a guy who will be 32 next season. There's also pretty much no chance he gets anywhere close to a 1.60 ERA again, he's been insanely lucky with both BABIP and LOB%, with both marks being significantly off his career averages.