2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 04:58 PM)
I know this isn't hockey (or the Bears), but there has to be something more to McCutchen "resting" today.

doesn't sound like it. They have a tough series against the Dodgers coming up, and probably figure they need McCutchen in the lineup more to face Greinke and Kershaw than today. For as great as he is, McCutchen moves around like a 40-year old some games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)
Looks like Kang just got seriously injured (knee) on a hard, very high slide by Coghlan. He's probably their 2nd or 3rd best hitter. Have a feeling Coghlan is getting one in the back in his next AB.

Yeah, that looked pretty awful. Should take care of Kang for the immediate future...

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 12:02 PM)
That looked like a drop kick to Kang's leg. Cubs media already out in full force saying it was 100% clean.

I agree, go look at what Cubs fans are saying on ProSportsDaily forum.

A clean slide does not include a foot knee the opposing player's knee....

This series just reinforces the idea to me that the race for homefield in the Wildcard game doesn't really matter. If this score holds the Cubs will have taken 3 out of 4 in Pittsburgh. Really doesn't look like it's going to matter whether the game is played in Wrigley or PNC at this point. I'd give the Cubs a slight edge either way.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 07:24 PM)
This series just reinforces the idea to me that the race for homefield in the Wildcard game doesn't really matter. If this score holds the Cubs will have taken 3 out of 4 in Pittsburgh. Really doesn't look like it's going to matter whether the game is played in Wrigley or PNC at this point. I'd give the Cubs a slight edge either way.

Well yeah, Arrieta going gives them an edge

Sounds like Kang's out for the rest of the year...yep. At least Joe Maddon can joke that it's a minor injury.

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 18m18 minutes ago

Kang is out for the #Pirates season and headed for surgery with a fractured tibial plateau, and torn MCL, according to @Dejan_Kovacevic

Eric Hagman

‏@esh714

For those asking, Maddon said he had no issue w slide & then said "I don't think it's his knee, he has plantar fasciitis is what I heard.

Edited by fathom

I have no problem with a late slide but when the base runner extends their legs out sideways to take out the 2B, that's some bulls***. It's cool, karma is a real mother and this s*** will come back around in some fashion. May Kang have a speedy recovery.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 07:52 PM)
I have no problem with a late slide but when the base runner extends their legs out sideways to take out the 2B, that's some bulls***. It's cool, karma is a real mother and this s*** will come back around in some fashion. May Kang have a speedy recovery.

It's also not real :bringit