2015 Films thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 09:59 AM)
DC hires another writer to draft a script for Aquaman, this time the writer from the epic modern day classic, Wrath of the Titans

Don't worry about that. James Wan is comfortable with him and uses him to rewrite everything he does (with the exception of the Insidious films), this is probably just a polish of the script.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 01:15 PM)
Actually he is one of three writers hired to draft scripts. They are doing a thunderdome script choosing

Yes and no.

They hired Will Beal (Gangster Squad) and Kurt Johnstad (300) to write their own scripts for Aquaman, and WB was going to move forward with the best script. When James Wan was announced as the director, it was revealed that WB/DC decided to go forward with the Kurt Johnstad script (Thank God).

I imagine Johnson is in to write the last draft of the script as they gear up for production.

*Kurt Johnstad also did a pass on Man of Steel after Snyder came on board, however Johnathan Nolan did the final rewrite.

Edited by Joshua Strong

/FILM via Entertainment Weekly:

"The final edit of Star Wars: The Force Awakens is complete and has a running time of 2 hours and 15 minutes. Picture was locked on November 3rd 2015 at midnight, but J.J. Abrams and crew will be spending the next few weeks finalizing the film’s visual effects, sound effects, and a final scoring session with composer John Williams."

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 02:23 PM)
I actually enjoyed Spectre more than Skyfall, but that's not saying much cuz I'm in the minority in not really liking

I also don't think Daniel Craig is a very good Bond. He doesn't have any personality. Of course Brosnan is the Bond I grew up on and I don't read the books.

2.5 or 3 hours is way too long for Bond movies. I'm numb to most of the cliches like building blows up that Bond is in but HE ESCAPED. There is a lot they could cut out and tighten it up.

Saw it last night and agree with all of this. Sky fall was exhausting and the first hour could have been lopped off. I loved how Mendez had actual fun with directing bond and all it gets you this time.

i am not a Matt Damon fan so i try not to watch any of his movies,.

but Martian had many other actors that i like, so i finally watched it.

it was surprisingly very good, actually excellent. esp with Damon crying / choking up scene.

it is a must watch movie.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 08:35 AM)
My friend who saw Midnight Special couldn't have been more spot on with his description. The trailer looks great, it's easily on of my most anticipated movies.

looks very interesting. i am game.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 09:00 AM)
Jeff Nichols has a good track record as well. Maybe the best of any young director. Wasn't a huge fan of "Mud" but appreciated it. "Take Shelter" also great storytelling.

I love Mud, it reminded me of growing up. I could relate to every character in that movie.

And Nichols is really underappreciated. I was very sad when I heard that he wasn't doing Aquaman. That would have been amazing. Hopefully Midnight Special is a success because I want to see more studio genre films from him.

just came back from catching "my all american"

the person i was with she had tears and when the lights came on, so was many other movie goers.

movie was great.... great actors who looks like they are going to have a nice career. Robin Tunney was the mother, she is still hot. i remembered her from the movie "Craft"

Aaron Eckhart, i really don't like him as a character in any of his movies.... but he did a great job in this movie. saw some actual footage of the real kid and then look him on the internet. great love story.

ok, i lied and i am admitting it. my friend wanted to see mockingjay and so i went to see. even thou i said i was not going to spend good money. agh.... it finally comes to an end. i was not impress. but at least the movie going fans who are a fan can have closure

maybe it would have been much different if i didn't read the books, nah i still think is was way over acting.

just my 2 1 cents.

QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 26, 2015 -> 04:12 PM)
Went with a friend to see Creed last night. I liked it and thought it was worth seeing.

well that was a nice review.

i was having some real doubts about it. i wasn't planing on going. maybe i will some what think about it.

many thanks.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 26, 2015 -> 06:39 PM)
well that was a nice review.

i was having some real doubts about it. i wasn't planing on going. maybe i will some what think about it.

many thanks.

92% on Rotten Tomatoes. What's to think about?