2015 Films thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i saw the moby dick movie. yesterday on the ahhhh the internet. ;)

good copy.

i think i like it. it really tell the true story of the 1821, Essex ordeal the crew went thu. esp the cannibalism.....

i don't know if i would see it again, but i can get the story better without the visuals. on wilki story.

Saw the night before. Its exactly what you'd expect. Had lots of funny parts, had no real point to it being made.

The only thing I found interesting is Joseph Gordon Leavitt was not very good in it. I think around looper it began a push that he was a new superstar. He was good in looper but I don't see any charisma in him. I don't think he could carry a weak script. He was incredibly annoying in this.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 10:56 AM)
Saw the night before. Its exactly what you'd expect. Had lots of funny parts, had no real point to it being made.

The only thing I found interesting is Joseph Gordon Leavitt was not very good in it. I think around looper it began a push that he was a new superstar. He was good in looper but I don't see any charisma in him. I don't think he could carry a weak script. He was incredibly annoying in this.

I thought that movie was terrible. It relies to heavily on references and horribly overused clichés.

This movie tried to be a comedy and a drama at the same time, while not prioritizing one over the other and it failed it at both. Hugely disappointing.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 01:50 PM)
Watched Trainwreck last night.

It was okay. I still don't like Amy Schumer, but I don't regret watching the movie.

PS, I think if Cena and other guys have to get naked, so should she.

well, you gave the movie more credit than it deserved. i really don't she is funny.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 01:51 AM)
I thought that movie was terrible. It relies to heavily on references and horribly overused clichés.

This movie tried to be a comedy and a drama at the same time, while not prioritizing one over the other and it failed it at both. Hugely disappointing.

Those were the directors choices, you can't criticize them.

i just saw The Revenant with Leonardo DiCaprio, well the movie was kinda of base on a true character of the early mountain men, and the story of him and the bear is true.

well, the acting was really good, hardly any dialect to the movie. i think a movie was made in the 60's like this. but well, if you can sit thru 2 1/2 hrs of acting with little dialect. it will be a good movie for you.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 10:35 AM)
i just saw The Revenant with Leonardo DiCaprio, well the movie was kinda of base on a true character of the early mountain men, and the story of him and the bear is true.

well, the acting was really good, hardly any dialect to the movie. i think a movie was made in the 60's like this. but well, if you can sit thru 2 1/2 hrs of acting with little dialect. it will be a good movie for you.

I liked the preview of this and wouldn't mind seeing this movie eventually. I have to ask though.....did you mean to say there was hardly any dialect to the movie or did you mean to say hardly any dialouge????

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 08:32 PM)
The Hateful Eight is basically a Tarantino directed version of Clue set in 1800's Wyoming. That said, I enjoyed it.

I'm sure I'll get a kick out of it. May even make my first trip to the Music a box to see it, but why must he make these 3 hour long movies?

Hateful Eight did feel about 30 minutes too long.

The Revenant is in the same territory, 2:30-2:45 in length.

I guess the economics argument is more return for your ticket investment, haha...on the other hand, the opportunity cost of something else you could have done with your life for another 30-45 minutes has to be worth something as well.

CLUE is a good description, like an old fashioned murder mystery.

Fwiw, the presence of Channing Tatum and his strange accent in that film was a bit jarring. Maybe it's because Tarantino used a lot of his favorites like Jackson, Russell, Madsen and Roth, but that casting just didn't seem to fit very well. It's almost like Channing Tatum always wanted to be in a Tarantino movie, so they sort of shoehorned him into the story when he had a break in his schedule.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
I'm sure I'll get a kick out of it. May even make my first trip to the Music a box to see it, but why must he make these 3 hour long movies?

I'll say, going in I was turned off by the run time but it didn't really drag. There was a point, maybe with 40 minutes to go that things turned a bit and I checked the time but it picked up again after that. The length wasn't a big issue for me, it moves pretty well.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 09:00 PM)
It was fun. More of the same from Tarantino. Reminded me a bit of Reservoir Dogs. Great performances all around. :)

Very Reservoir Dogs-ey. Kurt Russell was great, Walton Goggins goes full on Boyd Crowder and Michael Madsen plays a 7 year old boy, what's not to like?

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 11:35 AM)

I thought Tom Hardy killed it. Though, it ran way too long for me.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 06:46 AM)
I thought Tom Hardy killed it. Though, it ran way too long for me.

yeah it was way too long. the dialect oops my bad, the dialogue or the not talking was kinda of, well it was that made it a slow movie.