2015 TV Thread

LDF

Pretty dark episode of The Walking Dead last night.

Did not see Tyrese getting knocked off.

Solid opening to Better Call Saul.

Didn't really watch The Grammys, but I did see AC/DC open the show. That was pretty bad ass. What was even better, though, was Jeff Lynne playing a couple ELO songs.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 08:06 AM)
Pretty dark episode of The Walking Dead last night.

Did not see Tyrese getting knocked off.

Solid opening to Better Call Saul.

Didn't really watch The Grammys, but I did see AC/DC open the show. That was pretty bad ass. What was even better, though, was Jeff Lynne playing a couple ELO songs.

Not sure I was a fan of the abrupt change in The Walking Dead's visual style. But I dug the way they told the story via flashbacks and random images in the beginning that fit together by the end.

Overall though a pretty boring one. Tyrese didn't have much depth, so I didn't care either way that he's gone. Plus, the writers are so clever with zombie kills, it's always a let down when characters die in seemingly unrealistic/unbelievable ways. I don't believe for a second that Tyrese would simply zone out and let a kid zombie bite him. They're all way too cautious to be surprised like that. And it's especially true in Tyrese's death because he's walking towards the back of the house to investigate a zombie making noise behind a door. But whatever, minor quibble.

Shameless

was also a bit slow but still entertaining. Glad to see that the Jimmy/Steve angle is finally going to start. Frank was pretty solid. And glad to see Lip finally getting the hell out of there.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 10:57 AM)
Shameless

was also a bit slow but still entertaining. Glad to see that the Jimmy/Steve angle is finally going to start. Frank was pretty solid. And glad to see Lip finally getting the hell out of there.

Shameless

I couldn't believe Mickey told Ian he was about to take him to the hospital. He had to know Ian would run. I was wondering when Jimmy/Steve would come back, too.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 10:11 PM)
That desert scene in better call Saul tonight was great.

So happy to have scenes like that back in my life.

Yeah, that was a great scene. I kept thinking back to last week's episode of The American's during the conclusion of that scene. I still can't shake that a week later.

Also, I was really hoping Michael Mando would get a large and hopefully likeable role in this show, and it appears he is headed for just that. I think he may be Saul's Jesse. A guy that can help him get in to the criminal side of things.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)
Not sure how I feel about Better Call Saul so far. The beginning and end of the first episode was great. I'm hating the stuff with Chuck so far, but I'm hopeful there will be a good payoff to that plot.

Does anyone know what's really wrong with Chuck? Is he just crazy?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 10, 2015 -> 10:53 AM)
I'm sure we'll get a back story at some point but ya, I have no idea.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/features/4072...etter-call-saul

Paranoia or schitzophrenia? Fear that the government is spying on him and/or fear of technology? Fear of leaving his house?

Guess we'll find out sooner or later this season, according to the interview.

Hopefully they'll move on soon from the bit about the stickers and parking ticket validation. A few times, it was cute...

Edited by caulfield12

Meh. He got old long ago and then was passed last year by Oliver. The once a week show is infinitely better IMO.

What's a little interesting here is that about 3 months ago he did Stern, and while he didn't say that he would be on the show forever, he didn't really hint at being done. He kept saying things like, when I know it's time, it'll be time, and right now i'm still having fun. I wonder if he got an offer to develop something now that his director itch has been scratched.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 02:30 PM)
One would think CC would go all out to get John Oliver back.

And I don't blame Jon at all, 16 years of doing the same thing has to take it's toll, hopefully he found something else to do that keeps him happy.

I would doubt John Oliver would want to go from 1 show a week to 4.

Finally got to watch The Walking Dead. Good episode,

Im not sad that Tyreese got offed. His character was a detriment to the group, and he made a few decisions that cost them. It was good closure though, I thought it was a well done "death" scene, with all of the characters returning and talking with him.

I read an article about easter eggs in the show, the voice in the radio broadcast is Andrew Lincoln speaking in his native british accent, and he is actually reading real news articles about the Rwanda Genocide. Also, there is a lot of foreshadowing in the episode regarding dogs. Multiple pictures of them in the house, and on a wall someone spraypainted "Wolves are here", and there is a fast shot of a large group of dogs running in the scenes from next week.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 08:24 AM)
Finally got to watch The Walking Dead. Good episode,

Im not sad that Tyreese got offed. His character was a detriment to the group, and he made a few decisions that cost them. It was good closure though, I thought it was a well done "death" scene, with all of the characters returning and talking with him.

I read an article about easter eggs in the show, the voice in the radio broadcast is Andrew Lincoln speaking in his native british accent, and he is actually reading real news articles about the Rwanda Genocide. Also, there is a lot of foreshadowing in the episode regarding dogs. Multiple pictures of them in the house, and on a wall someone spraypainted "Wolves are here", and there is a fast shot of a large group of dogs running in the scenes from next week.

DOG ZOMBIES?!!?!?!?!

When I saw Tyrese got bit, all I could think was "Stupid Noah, no wonder they got the kid from Everybody Hates Chris to play him".

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 10:35 AM)

DOG ZOMBIES?!!?!?!?!

When I saw Tyrese got bit, all I could think was "Stupid Noah, no wonder they got the kid from Everybody Hates Chris to play him".

Or just feral dogs running in a pack, which makes sense.

I didnt really blame Noah, Tyreese was just stupid in that scene. He goes to check if the house is clear, acknowledged a zombie in one of the rooms, then walks away from it and starts getting all nostalgic with the pictures. Those guys have been in full survival mode for a while, and Tyreese let that happen. If you want to start looking at Noahs family pics, do it after you make sure the house is clear.