2015 TV Thread

LDF

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (juddling @ Feb 14, 2015 -> 04:53 PM)
Watched the first two episodes of Allegiance on NBC. Pretty much the Americans set in today's world. Not too bad so far.....always up for hot Russian chicks on tv......

I stumbled into it last week and loved the first two episodes. Good story idea, hopefully it keeps it up.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 16, 2015 -> 10:01 AM)
It was kind of funny to see Jim Carrey on the stage at the end of SNL 40, considering he never made it to a castmember, and was actually an In Living Color cast member

He's clearly an honorary castmember at this point.

That show was great last night - as someone who's been with SNL since he was 12 (so almost 20 years?) there was a lot of memory lane love there. Good to see how naturally some of these folks can jump back into it. F*cking the return of Turd Ferguson was epic.

Sandler and Samberg singing the song about breaking character was awesome, especially ripping on Fallon and Sanz. I couldnt stop laughing at the cowbell skit in full, it was amazing that Walken could keep it together but Fallon, Ferrell and Kattan couldnt

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 16, 2015 -> 02:39 PM)
Strangely good timing for Cameron Monaghan that his character in Shameless goes on the deep end of crazy this week and they show that creepy close-up scene of Ian walking through the mental institution, a day before his debut as The Joker on Gotham tonight. That worked out rather perfectly for Cameron and Gotham.

His career is starting to take off...he was in The Giver and at least one other big Hollywood movie recently.

Shameless and The Walking Dead have been tough watches recently, but that was the best Shameless in months. The show has its best moments away from Frank, who ironically is the most talented actor but sucks all the energy away from the rest of the cast at times. They need to figure out a resolution to the Kevin/family problem soon because he's kind of gotten lost in the shuffle this year.

I stopped watching Gotham a month ago and it seems they are trying to cram too much in season 1 with introducing that kid as the future Joker. The promos for it looked so cheesy to me.

I think Shameless has been solid this season. The scenes move so fast anyway so that is something isn't clicking, it's off to next scene anyway. The Ian/mental illness stuff is well done.

This week's Shameless was the best in a while. Noel Fisher continues to be amazing as Mickey.

Ian's break was disturbing and terrifying.

Also that was a lot of crying-during-sex for Fiona. Gus clearly knows something's up, too.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 17, 2015 -> 05:53 AM)
I stopped watching Gotham a month ago and it seems they are trying to cram too much in season 1 with introducing that kid as the future Joker. The promos for it looked so cheesy to me.

I think Shameless has been solid this season. The scenes move so fast anyway so that is something isn't clicking, it's off to next scene anyway. The Ian/mental illness stuff is well done.

Last night's Gotham was originally the Season 1 Finale but then Fox ordered more episodes.