2015 TV Thread

LDF

Impractical Jokers new season started last week. Has to be the funniest show on TV, IMO. I am actually seeing them live in St. Louis next month, can't wait!

Two of the guys also have a podcast that is pretty funny as well (What Say You), you can find it on Stitcher and on their website

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 01:28 AM)
I didn't notice, but Season 2 of Sirens started a couple weeks ago. It's a comedy on USA about a paramedic team in Chicago. It's written by Denis Leary, so anyone who loved Rescue Me will appreciate the humor in this show. I highly recommend it for someone looking for a goofy comedy with a healthy dose of Chicago references and sports jokes.

I like this show...has a bit of a Scrubs feel to it. and yes...lots of chicago references. Makes a nice drinking game. Some of the mentions I've heard included all the sports teams....Tavern on the Green.....Gibson's and Ditka's......

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 01:44 AM)
Impractical Jokers new season started last week. Has to be the funniest show on TV, IMO. I am actually seeing them live in St. Louis next month, can't wait!

Two of the guys also have a podcast that is pretty funny as well (What Say You), you can find it on Stitcher and on their website

My bro (Alphadog) and family have seen them in Joliet a couple times. They were very entertained

QUOTE (juddling @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 02:00 AM)
I like this show...has a bit of a Scrubs feel to it. and yes...lots of chicago references. Makes a nice drinking game. Some of the mentions I've heard included all the sports teams....Tavern on the Green.....Gibson's and Ditka's......

My bro (Alphadog) and family have seen them in Joliet a couple times. They were very entertained

I am probably too excited to see them. I have only heard good things. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life while watching them. If you really want to laugh go check out Murr on Novocaine. I cried

Edited by BigHurt3515

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 02:26 AM)
I am probably too excited to see them. I have only heard good things. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life while watching them. If you really want to laugh go check out Murr on Novocaine. I cried

Impractical Jokers is so good. I've probably told this story here before, but in college when the show was about to air for the first time, one of my roommates and I were always making fun of how STUPID that show looked. The commercials for it made it look so bad. She used to say "Hey, don't forget, we have to watch that new show Impractical Jokers tomorrow night!", as a joke because we decided to hate-watch it.

Now, we both can't get enough of the show. I've never seen a show look so bad in the commercials and have it turn out to be so good. She's in love with Q. I think Joe is probably the best. His dead pan and quick wit is incredible.

I didn't notice, but Season 2 of Sirens started a couple weeks ago. It's a comedy on USA about a paramedic team in Chicago. It's written by Denis Leary, so anyone who loved Rescue Me will appreciate the humor in this show. I highly recommend it for someone looking for a goofy comedy with a healthy dose of Chicago references and sports jokes.

Underrated. The banter is well done. I love it. Never been to a gym like the one they were at before. Maybe a city thing.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 02:44 AM)

I stumbled into that show about a year ago and now watch it whenever I see it. It makes me laugh more than any show on television in a long time

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 01:25 AM)
S1 of Black Sails ended really strongly. It took me a while to get through the first 5 episodes, but the last 3 episodes were very strong and I am actually excited for S2 now. I still get confused on some of the storylines at Nassau. I have no idea what that chick's dad is doing, and I have no idea who that Barlow lady is either.

I'm a big fan, mainly because i'm a historical drama and pirate fan. They did a pretty poor job explaining the whole Nassau business, but when it's just about Flint and his group it's excellent. I'm enjoying the flashbacks they started this season. So far the show just keeps getting better and better. I'm surprised more "critics" gave up on it so quickly.

Didn't realize the first season of Criminal Minds way back in 2005-2006 had references by Mandy Pantinkin (Saul from Homeland, Dr. Jeffrey Geiger on Chicago Hope) to the White Sox winning the World Series and also one of the episodes had a key plot point revolve around a 1963 Nellie Fox card.

Is Shameless getting any better?

I've departed from 2014-15 tv world for one week (we just started Chinese New Year's holidays) to binge watch the first 35 episodes of Game of Thrones. When you binge watch that show, you become very frustrated with the slow pace, but I'm still addicted and just ordered the first four books (3500 pages) as well. For a long time, I didn't really have a favorite character, but it has slowly developed into Jamie Lannister and Peter Dinklage, the Lannister bros. Robb Stark never did much for me, as Jon Snow was always a more compelling presence. At various points during the 3rd and 4th season, I've simply wished for those dragons to grow up a lot faster and wipe out all the kings and see what would/will happen eventually with a more compelling ruler. The Stannis/Red Woman plotline drives me crazy, as well as anything to do with Eyrie or Lord Baelish (I know, I know, that's the sign of a good actor, if he makes you hate him) and Lena Headey/Cersei.

How many books are there? 5? 6? 7? Is it worth going back to the start with the books or should I pick up where the show's leaving off before Season 5? And didn't Guardians of the Galaxy rip off Groot from Hodor?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 05:45 PM)
Didn't realize the first season of Criminal Minds way back in 2005-2006 had references by Mandy Pantinkin (Saul from Homeland, Dr. Jeffrey Geiger on Chicago Hope) to the White Sox winning the World Series and also one of the episodes had a key plot point revolve around a 1963 Nellie Fox card.

Is Shameless getting any better?

I've departed from 2014-15 tv world for one week (we just started Chinese New Year's holidays) to binge watch the first 35 episodes of Game of Thrones. When you binge watch that show, you become very frustrated with the slow pace, but I'm still addicted and just ordered the first four books (3500 pages) as well. For a long time, I didn't really have a favorite character, but it has slowly developed into Jamie Lannister and Peter Dinklage, the Lannister bros. Robb Stark never did much for me, as Jon Snow was always a more compelling presence. At various points during the 3rd and 4th season, I've simply wished for those dragons to grow up a lot faster and wipe out all the kings and see what would/will happen eventually with a more compelling ruler. The Stannis/Red Woman plotline drives me crazy, as well as anything to do with Eyrie or Lord Baelish (I know, I know, that's the sign of a good actor, if he makes you hate him) and Lena Headey/Cersei.

How many books are there? 5? 6? 7? Is it worth going back to the start with the books or should I pick up where the show's leaving off before Season 5? And didn't Guardians of the Galaxy rip off Groot from Hodor?

Groot was first introduced in 1960, so if anyone was a ripoff it was Hodor. But I don't think he was

This is easily the best season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia since season 4. What a treat so far! The continues shot of Charlie trying to pass the bar inspection was top notch and well-orchestrated.

It's nice to see the show firing on all cylinders again - it'd been too long.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 07:46 PM)
This is easily the best season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia since season 4. What a treat so far! The continues shot of Charlie trying to pass the bar inspection was top notch and well-orchestrated.

It's nice to see the show firing on all cylinders again - it'd been too long.

Frank playing (g-flat?) twice. :lolhitting

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 05:45 PM)

There are 5 books out of an expected 7. No one has any idea when Winds of Winter (book 6) will be out other than not this year. George is a notoriously slow writer. You should probably just start at the beginning because they've mixed the timelines around in the show. They've done stuff that's in FFC and DoD (books 4 and 5) but have not finished a few things from SoS (book 3, mostly at the Wall) yet. There are also some things that aren't in the show at all.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
I'm a big fan, mainly because i'm a historical drama and pirate fan. They did a pretty poor job explaining the whole Nassau business, but when it's just about Flint and his group it's excellent. I'm enjoying the flashbacks they started this season. So far the show just keeps getting better and better. I'm surprised more "critics" gave up on it so quickly.

I angered Charles Vane

that was a pleasant surprise. This season just keeps getting more badass