Game Thread (9-5): Tribe at Sox

BridgeportHeather

I thought I'd start this early so that we can get a little batting practice in this thread before gametime.

Know that I will be providing you with up-to-the-minute play by play tonight. So far, the Sox are 3-0 when I do play by play, so things are looking up!!! :headbang

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll make my contributions to this thread before the game.........which is three and a half hours away. Im heading up to the Cell with my friends and have my own winning streak of three in a row going. With Heathers streak adding to this there is no doubt of a win tonight.

As far as momentum goes, Cleveland is returning from a 2-1 loss to Detroit. And although we lost there too, the after- taste of a Detroit loss going into another series should give our guys a good opportunity to win. Bad luck has to be off our backs after the Boston series, too many things went wrong during the brief two game set.

Garland is coming off a good performance and SHOULD be able to build off of that. As long as we dont give him errors Garland should breeze through the first couple innings. Because Manuel likes pushing John around, the bullpen will probably get some work tonight. After a day of rest they should be fricken light out.

:drink

hope this team plays with the stones of the 1983 team.

LaMarr Hoyt, Britt Burns, Harold, Fisk and Richard Dotson are some of my all-time favorite Sox players.

Hoyt was a bad-ass in 1983. won the Cy Young and gave us our only playoff win. Hope he shows up because that guy was a gamer. Had some personal problems after we shipped him to San Diego for Ozzie. But he threw a ton of innings while he was here.

be counting on the board for updates tonight because I'll be away from a TV.

Does anybody know if Sabathia is pitching in this series?

hope this team plays with the stones of the 1983 team.

LaMarr Hoyt, Britt Burns, Harold, Fisk and Richard Dotson are some of my all-time favorite Sox players.

Hoyt was a bad-ass in 1983. won the Cy Young  and gave us our only playoff win. Hope he shows up because that guy was a gamer. Had some personal problems after we shipped him to San Diego for Ozzie. But he threw a ton of innings while he was here.

be counting on the board for updates tonight because I'll be away from a TV.

Does anybody know if Sabathia is pitching in this series?

I believe Sabathia pitched yesterday, WU. This is one of those series where the boys should be able to go out there and dominate...a weekend series, against a bad team, in a playoff race, at home. All bonuses for this weekend.

We're facing 3 lefties. Frank will have a huge series. We need to win one at a time, 3 times in a row. I'll be there Sat and Sunday, with one eye on the scoreboard. It's crunch time, my stomach hurts, but I'm confident.

What Section/Row will you be in on Saturday? Refer to the Thread "Anyone Near, Section 162."

Here are tonight's lineups:

Cleveland Indians:

C. Crisp cf

C. Blake 3b

J. Gerut lf

B. Broussard 1b

A. Escobar rf

T. Hafner dh

V. Martinez c

J. Peralta ss

B. Phillips 2b

Chi White Sox: