2015 Videogame thread

Kyyle23

So I logged out/in a few minutes ago because I'm having trouble connecting to The Show servers. When I got back, the trophy for earning a diamond item popped up when I got my daily rewards. I was unzipping my pants in anticipation, then when I scrolled to it, it was a sponsorship deal, not a player. After my initial disappointment, I thought, "well, maybe I can still sell it for a bunch on the marketplace." I scrolled through to find mine, and it's going for like 1,500 studs. I'd have been better off getting a decent silver. <_>

Edited by ZoomSlowik

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 09:32 PM)
So I logged out/in a few minutes ago because I'm having trouble connecting to The Show servers. When I got back, the trophy for earning a diamond item popped up when I got my daily rewards. I was unzipping my pants in anticipation, then when I scrolled to it, it was a sponsorship deal, not a player. After my initial disappointment, I thought, "well, maybe I can still sell it for a bunch on the marketplace." I scrolled through to find mine, and it's going for like 1,500 studs. I'd have been better off getting a decent silver. <_>

Ha you got played.

This is like pulling Thorgan Hazard instead of Eden Hazard in FIFA.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 09:32 PM)

I threw a 2-hitter with Miguel Gonzalez in DD, and after the game it said that I lost connection to the server and it would upload the game result later. It never did. :(

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 01:09 AM)
I threw a 2-hitter with Miguel Gonzalez in DD, and after the game it said that I lost connection to the server and it would upload the game result later. It never did. :(

Yeah, I had the same thing happen, no rewards for mine. I was having serious issues with the game last night.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 05:06 AM)
Hitting is something that will click with you. Once it does, it's awesome.

You actually have to think when you hit on All-star difficulty or higher. Guessing the right pitch and location makes hitting so much easier.

It's a combination of timing and figuring out the pitcher.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)
Is the show online down for anyone else? First time playing. Can't access any online features

I've had pretty significant issues since last night. It occasionally works, but not long enough to do much productive. It seems like some people are having issues and some aren't.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 09:21 PM)
Also is Micah Johnson not in the game? Do they update rosters with new players?

It'll be about 2 weeks before he gets put into the game. You can download him from the player's vault if you want.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 7, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)
So how does each game work for Diamond Dynasty. There was Extra Innings, Offline, or you can play someone. What are the rewards for each one

Depends on the difficulty you pick.

IMO DD has a long ways to go to catch up with the Ultimate Team modes. There's just not enough modes to play, especially since online play is a total toss-up for The Show.

Madden Ultimate Team has a ton of single player challenges. FIFA Ultimate Team lets you play through different seasons in different leagues. There's also tournaments. You don't get any of that with Diamond Dynasty. Playing the CPU just leads to one reward at the end of the game, there's almost no end goal.

I'd like to get a team full of legends, but if there's no incentive to get a team full of legends, what's the point?

Edited by chw42

So I think the marketplace is a little broken in DD. Once you get a really good player, sell that player, make a s*** ton of money, use that money to buy a bunch of packs, gets another good player in those packs, sell that guy, repeat.

I sold my extra Puig card for 19,000. Used that to buy 7 packs. In those 7, I picked up a Jose Bautista and a Troy Tulowitzki. Decided to keep both. Then opened up a SECOND Bautista card. Sold it for like 14,000. Then decided to sell my Cole Hamels card that I never get to pitch with anyway for like 11,000. Then used all those extra players to feed to my created player.

I now have Puig, Tulo, and Jose Bautista in my lineup, my created player is a 99, and I have like 35,000 stubs in the bank still. I have a feeling I could have a super team in the next few days and will probably get bored with this mode. I think they need to SEVERELY nerf the amount these cards sell for. I could get 57,000 for just my Tulo card alone. That would buy me 57 more packs. That's over 300 players! Chances are in those 300, I will get at least 3 more diamond players, and the cycle will never end.

Do I have to manually sign all my minor leaguers to 1 year deals at a time in mlb the show? I feel like I lost my entire organization. I traded for Xander Boegarts too and he apparently just signed with another team. Okay. I'm pretty confused on franchise mode. I also have 35 million left in my budget but can't sign anyone for a couple million.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 7, 2015 -> 05:57 PM)
So I think the marketplace is a little broken in DD. Once you get a really good player, sell that player, make a s*** ton of money, use that money to buy a bunch of packs, gets another good player in those packs, sell that guy, repeat.

I sold my extra Puig card for 19,000. Used that to buy 7 packs. In those 7, I picked up a Jose Bautista and a Troy Tulowitzki. Decided to keep both. Then opened up a SECOND Bautista card. Sold it for like 14,000. Then decided to sell my Cole Hamels card that I never get to pitch with anyway for like 11,000. Then used all those extra players to feed to my created player.

I now have Puig, Tulo, and Jose Bautista in my lineup, my created player is a 99, and I have like 35,000 stubs in the bank still. I have a feeling I could have a super team in the next few days and will probably get bored with this mode. I think they need to SEVERELY nerf the amount these cards sell for. I could get 57,000 for just my Tulo card alone. That would buy me 57 more packs. That's over 300 players! Chances are in those 300, I will get at least 3 more diamond players, and the cycle will never end.

My best pack pull has been Elvis Andrus and I've opened around 10 packs. It looks like you have better luck than most.

And Puig only costs 19k now?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 7, 2015 -> 05:57 PM)

It seems like you got extremely lucky with your packs. I've opened at least 20 and I got one gold card (luckily it was Bumgarner, who I sold for about 17k). I know a guy that dropped like $50 on stubs and he got 3 gold cards (Bautista, Aramis Ramirez and Lucroy). Diamond players are supposed to show up in about one pack out of 100, which is why the prices are so high.

You can definitely flip cards to get enough stubs to buy players pretty easily, but you still have to get in-demand players first (or buy stubs).

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 01:34 PM)
It seems like you got extremely lucky with your packs. I've opened at least 20 and I got one gold card (luckily it was Bumgarner, who I sold for about 17k). I know a guy that dropped like $50 on stubs and he got 3 gold cards (Bautista, Aramis Ramirez and Lucroy). Diamond players are supposed to show up in about one pack out of 100, which is why the prices are so high.

You can definitely flip cards to get enough stubs to buy players pretty easily, but you still have to get in-demand players first (or buy stubs).

I don't know, I bet if I decided to use all the subs I have buying packs and selling guys I don't need, I will have an all-star team in no time. I mean, my worst offensive player right now I think is Carlos Ruiz at an 83 overall. I think I have 5 90+ hitters already.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)
My best pack pull has been Elvis Andrus and I've opened around 10 packs. It looks like you have better luck than most.

And Puig only costs 19k now?

Prices fluctuate wildly. I'll use two examples for guys I've checked repeatedly: Bumgarner (because I wanted to sell him) and Abreu (because I eventually bought him).

Abreu was as high as 38k when the game first came out. Since then, he usually settles in between 16 and 20k. However, I was able to buy him at 12k and have seen him between 12 and 14k pretty often.

I've seen Bumgarner as high as 22k. Unfortunately, no one bought him when I listed him in the 20's for whatever reason. The last few days, he's generally been between 14k and 18k. I finally sold him for 17k.

With those kind of fluctuations, you can easily buy low and make a few thousand stubs.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 01:43 PM)
Prices fluctuate wildly. I'll use two examples for guys I've checked repeatedly: Bumgarner (because I wanted to sell him) and Abreu (because I eventually bought him).

Abreu was as high as 38k when the game first came out. Since then, he usually settles in between 16 and 20k. However, I was able to buy him at 12k and have seen him between 12 and 14k pretty often.

I've seen Bumgarner as high as 22k. Unfortunately, no one bought him when I listed him in the 20's for whatever reason. The last few days, he's generally been between 14k and 18k. I finally sold him for 17k.

With those kind of fluctuations, you can easily buy low and make a few thousand stubs.

I bought Abreu for 13,000 I think.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
I don't know, I bet if I decided to use all the subs I have buying packs and selling guys I don't need, I will have an all-star team in no time. I mean, my worst offensive player right now I think is Carlos Ruiz at an 83 overall. I think I have 5 90+ hitters already.

From my experience, packs aren't the most efficient use of stubs. Most of the packs I've opened have been 3 common and 3 bronze. I rarely get someone I can use out of a pack (my lineup is all 77+, my rotation is 80+, my pen is 76-79 because I don't spend on relievers on the marketplace).

You can easily get a super-team given your current situation. 35k stubs will go a long way on the market place. You can get at least 3 more gold players, possibly more depending on who you buy. I'm merely pointing out that the vast majority of players aren't going to get 4 gold (at least from what you posted) and a Diamond in a limited pack sample. I'd guess that your 57 packs if you choose to buy them would max out somewhere around that unless you have a horseshoe up your ass.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)
From my experience, packs aren't the most efficient use of stubs. Most of the packs I've opened have been 3 common and 3 bronze. I rarely get someone I can use out of a pack (my lineup is all 77+, my rotation is 80+, my pen is 76-79 because I don't spend on relievers on the marketplace).

You can easily get a super-team given your current situation. 35k stubs will go a long way on the market place. You can get at least 3 more gold players, possibly more depending on who you buy. I'm merely pointing out that the vast majority of players aren't going to get 4 gold (at least from what you posted) and a Diamond in a limited pack sample. I'd guess that your 57 packs if you choose to buy them would max out somewhere around that unless you have a horseshoe up your ass.

I'm not going to do it anyway, Tulo is amazing. Abreu is the only player I plan on buying.