2015 Videogame thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 01:12 PM)
The two biggest guys I have issues hitting with is LaRoche and Flowers. But especailly LaRoche, I have a terrible time making solid contact with that guy....

Same goes for me with LaRoche. He has just 12 hits on the season for me (about a .195 BA) but 4 of those hits were homers, somehow.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got The Show 15 for PS3. If anyone wants to game, add me "theswingingman".

Been playing online exclusively so far, and it's fun! So far I am 4-2, but I should be 5-1. I was up 3-0 on a guy in the 6th inning and the game froze. I turned off my console and found out I had been given the loss. Oh well. The other game I lost was kind of dumb, too.

It's 2-2 in the bottom of the 9th, I'm the away team and there's a man on 1st with two outs. Guy hits a gapper and get to it and get it to the cut off man while he's going for home. He's out by a mile so starts running back to 3rd. I chase a bit with the catcher, and as soon as I throw it to 3rd he turns around going back to home. I discover no one is covering home (lol), the pitcher had gone behind 3rd base instead. So he scores and wins. XD

And I like the quick counts, but I kind of wish that you couldn't start an at bat 3-2. I'm cool with any other count, but starting 3-2 kind of waters it down a little bit. But it makes a little more realistic with pitch counts, which I like.

Edited by South Sider

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 12:01 PM)
(4000th post)

Maybe something's wrong with my copy of MLBTS :lol:

I use my own, custom, realistic (in my mind) roster. In this roster, Abreu is a 94 and Flowers is a 69. It's April 28th in my season- Flowers is hitting .367 with 8 homers and 20 RBIs. Abreu is hitting .243 with 2 homers and 7 RBIs. Something's not right!

You press harder with Abreu because you care about his stats. You don't think when hitting with Flowers. This was common with me when I was first getting used to the Show back in like 2010.

You have to approach every at bat with the same mentality. It's you, not the game.

#MLBTSpsychology101

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 09:52 AM)
You press harder with Abreu because you care about his stats. You don't think when hitting with Flowers. This was common with me when I was first getting used to the Show back in like 2010.

You have to approach every at bat with the same mentality. It's you, not the game.

#MLBTSpsychology101

Does the pressing harder actually make a difference?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 09:52 AM)

#MLBTSpsychology101

Yeah, I can't score runs. I suck. 0-4 to start the season just like the real team

I picked up a SECOND Troy Tulowitzki card in DD. lol. Sold him for like 52,000 or something.

I won a game on HOF yesterday in which the other guy had Ted Williams, and I had to hit against Nolan Ryan. I was throwing a perfect game with Garza in to the 6th. Luckily was tied after 8 innings and Nolan came out of the game. Won the game in 12 innings after I scored 3 consecutive runs on 3 consecutive bunts with bases loaded. :)

I cannot hit the ball to save my life. I faced Ventura, couldn't touch his fastball at all.

Also, anyone have this issue. When I'm pitching, I have the classic mode with the meter and ball marker completely on instead of fade. But, when I go to locate the pitch, i go low and away, my analog will go low and in. Anybody have this issue? How do I hit? How do I get rid of that?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 09:49 AM)
So how does The Show look on ps3? Decent enough? I still haven't pulled the trigger on a new system but really need an upgrade from my mlb the show 2013 game.

It probably looks the same as it did last year. They don't work on the last gen version if they have a next-gen game out. It's just how it is.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 02:34 AM)
Anyone doing a franchise in The Show, got a question.

I had Rodon in the rotation starting around June, and simmed the rest of the season.

When it came to renewing all the contacts for the off-season, you can only make Rodon a basic free agent offer, although his status says "Contract Renewable".

If I don't do anything with him in December, he just becomes a free agent. Why isn't he under contract with the Sox, and why doesn't he just get his major league salary another year, since he is a player under team control? He signed with the Rangers, so I just restarted the off-season from my last save.

You might have to offer him a contract to keep the rights to him? Then in like February you can just auto renew his contract if he doesn't accept the original offer.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 02:34 AM)
Anyone doing a franchise in The Show, got a question.

I had Rodon in the rotation starting around June, and simmed the rest of the season.

When it came to renewing all the contacts for the off-season, you can only make Rodon a basic free agent offer, although his status says "Contract Renewable".

If I don't do anything with him in December, he just becomes a free agent. Why isn't he under contract with the Sox, and why doesn't he just get his major league salary another year, since he is a player under team control? He signed with the Rangers, so I just restarted the off-season from my last save.

The Show always has been funky with that stuff. I've had prospects get sent to free agency on me as well. It's like team control doesn't exist or something.

A little bit of Star Wars talk mixed in with all of The Show, Good Old Games (gog.com) is running big sales on a whole bunch of classic Star Wars PC games. Everything from the classic X-Wing series to Knights of the Old Republic I & II, Battlefront II and a bunch of others. They've got two big bundles or you can buy the games individually for a few bucks a piece. I think I still have my original Tie Fighter floppies from 1995 in my parents' basement somewhere.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 12:25 PM)
So Colin Cowherd is so mad about e-sports that he said he'd rather put a gun in his mouth than cover it for ESPN.

Assign him to the next telecast! Call his bluff!

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
A little bit of Star Wars talk mixed in with all of The Show, Good Old Games (gog.com) is running big sales on a whole bunch of classic Star Wars PC games. Everything from the classic X-Wing series to Knights of the Old Republic I & II, Battlefront II and a bunch of others. They've got two big bundles or you can buy the games individually for a few bucks a piece. I think I still have my original Tie Fighter floppies from 1995 in my parents' basement somewhere.

I see Dark Forces is included. That's one of those games I adored when I was 9 but I'm sure is actually terrible.