2015 Videogame thread

Kyyle23

Yooka-Laylee, the Banjo-Kazooie-reminiscent platformer from seemingly every ex-Rare employee, hit its Kickstarter goal of £175,000 in 38 minutes and had reached £1,000,000 by the end of the first day. It's now sitting at £1,448,684, which is over $2.2M, and has broken all kinds of crowd-funding records.

Very excited for it, but I hope playing a platformer where you just collect all the things is as fun as it used to be.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shysocks @ May 8, 2015 -> 08:02 AM)
Yooka-Laylee, the Banjo-Kazooie-reminiscent platformer from seemingly every ex-Rare employee, hit its Kickstarter goal of £175,000 in 38 minutes and had reached £1,000,000 by the end of the first day. It's now sitting at £1,448,684, which is over $2.2M, and has broken all kinds of crowd-funding records.

Very excited for it, but I hope playing a platformer where you just collect all the things is as fun as it used to be.

It is. See the Mario games still coming out.

QUOTE (shysocks @ May 8, 2015 -> 09:02 AM)

I'd kill for another Jak & Daxter. Was a great blend of 3D platforming and GTA style sandbox fun.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 14, 2015 -> 02:12 PM)
Finally GTA 5 Online Heist time. Too bad none of my friends still play it/have their PS3s still. I hope I don't get caught up playing with little kids or trolls.

Anyone else on here playing GTAV Online still?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 18, 2015 -> 06:40 AM)
Anyone else on here playing GTAV Online still?

Not that I know if. I hopped on and tried doing a set-up mission, and it's incredibly hard/annoying playing without friends or people who care. A couple guys on our team thought it was more fun to run each other over and sabotage our vehicles. So we failed the set-up mission about 4 or 5 times before I finally gave up and went to bed. I'll hop back on this afternoon and see if I can get anything done, but people like that ruin the fun.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 10:51 PM)
Got a Wii U, already have Mariokart and 3d World, what other games should I check out kyle or anyone else who has a wii u?

Smash Bros is pretty popular. I don't have Splatoon yet but a buddy of mine does and said it is a blast.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 29, 2015 -> 05:19 PM)
Witcher 3 is pretty great. It's almost too big, I kinda feel overwhelmed by just how much land there is to explore.

Just picked it up the other day, haven't had much time to play, but it's fun so far. It always sucks because it's the beginning of a long RPG and I always want to explore absolutely everything when I do it, so I can play for like 4 hours and ultimately end up doing very little.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 08:51 AM)
They are getting ready to announce Fallout 4 in about ten minutes. Bethesda has been doing a countdown thing on the website.

I'm ready for this.

The trailer looks awesome. I love the Fallout series.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)
I got suckered in and bought Elder Scrolls online, have a group of friends that are going to play so hopefully it's good.

I was in the early beta. It was so awful. Nothing like the main game. No idea how the final version turned out though.

So I was playing the Show, I have the downloaded rosters, fully updated and I figured I tried something.

I edited all the players contracts in the MLB, like John Danks the game has 3.6 million, so I edited it to 2 years and 30 million.

Simmed a couple seasons and it actually made the game a little more realistic, fewer trades, trades that made sense, and salaries reflected in free agency as well.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 02:41 PM)
So I was playing the Show, I have the downloaded rosters, fully updated and I figured I tried something.

I edited all the players contracts in the MLB, like John Danks the game has 3.6 million, so I edited it to 2 years and 30 million.

Simmed a couple seasons and it actually made the game a little more realistic, fewer trades, trades that made sense, and salaries reflected in free agency as well.

Well then you broke the economic system. I never understand why they can never have the real salaries in the game, but all/most of the players are making incorrect amounts. You probably just made Danks one of the highest paid players in the game.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 12:31 AM)
Well then you broke the economic system. I never understand why they can never have the real salaries in the game, but all/most of the players are making incorrect amounts. You probably just made Danks one of the highest paid players in the game.

I did, but then there's Lester, Nick Swisher's bad contract, Edwin Jackson's bad contract. Trevor Cahill, the list goes on lol. There's a lot of bad contracts in the MLB.

Nintendo just released 9 demos of "nindies" that will be available for download today through the 22nd. Also, earthbound is now available on the virtual console, and Smash Bros has DLC for 22 bucks with 3 new characters(Ryu, Roy, and a character from Earthbound) and skins(30 bucks if you get it for both 3Ds and WiiU)

E3 this week. Microsoft conference at 1130am, Sony at 8pm tonigh5, and Nintendo at 11 am tomorrow and usually does multiple conferneces through out the week. Various developer ones in between those.

Bethesda went last night. Fallout 4 does look incredible. Doubt anything could ever top Fallout 3 though.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 03:33 PM)
The new NFS game looks like NFS Underground with cops and better customization. Seems like a must-buy for me. I haven't bought an NFS game in 10 years...

I believe it started as underground 3 but apparently they dropped the name? Wonder why. That name has to have some big meaning to a lot of people.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 02:20 PM)
There's rumors of a FF7 HD Remake on PS4. It wouldn't be the first time, but the source (Siliconera) is fairly reputable. Fingers crossed.

Confirmed. Announcement trailer pretty. Quin happy.