2015 Videogame thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 11:02 PM)
How does Naughty Dog do it? I'm starting to think they are actual wizards or something. This looks insanely good. Can't wait.

Got this preordered. I'm pumped. If anyone likes these games, grab the Tomb Raider reboots. I just finished the 2013 one and its great. Combat was really fun. The new one is supposed to be even better.

I went a bit crazy on black friday with games I have no time to play. nba 2k16 (so hard), ac: syndicate and the witcher 3. A lot of gaming hours there. Probably take me a year to get through them.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

I'm a bit scared that Battlefront on PC is already dying. Only 15,000 players currently on.

For reference, Team Fortress 2 has 50,000 people playing right now. Garry's Mod has 38,000. Counterstrike has 410,000. Battlefield 4 has 21,000.

If it's this bad now, in peak Star Wars hype season, what's it going to be in 6 months?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 05:59 PM)
I'm a bit scared that Battlefront on PC is already dying. Only 15,000 players currently on.

For reference, Team Fortress 2 has 50,000 people playing right now. Garry's Mod has 38,000. Counterstrike has 410,000. Battlefield 4 has 21,000.

If it's this bad now, in peak Star Wars hype season, what's it going to be in 6 months?

Well, the movie still 13 days away. I would expect it to spike again the week following the movie, then dip steadily.

Liking Battlefront on the Xbox so far, but amazing, as always, the no-lifers that have everything available on the game after just a day or two. But always fun the few times this old man manages to beat one of the younger guys. Still haven't ex[plored the whole game yet, that, COD 3 and Extinction on Ghosts (I still love that) compete for what little time I have.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 11:46 PM)
Liking Battlefront on the Xbox so far, but amazing, as always, the no-lifers that have everything available on the game after just a day or two. But always fun the few times this old man manages to beat one of the younger guys. Still haven't ex[plored the whole game yet, that, COD 3 and Extinction on Ghosts (I still love that) compete for what little time I have.

Use the DH17, which is available right away. In general, the blaster pistols are the best.

I'm finally getting around to playing Watchdogs and I'm finding it quite annoying that other players can come in and interrupt my game while I'm playing.

I've never been a big fan of the online play for open world games. I tried it a little bit on GTA5 and Red Dead Redemption but didn't really like it. But at least those games gave you the choice of when you did and didn't want to play with other players.

There's so much other stuff to do and I get so little time to play that I simply don't have time to mess around with someone else. So I finally just shut off the internet connection. Problem solved.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 08:44 AM)
I'm finally getting around to playing Watchdogs and I'm finding it quite annoying that other players can come in and interrupt my game while I'm playing.

I've never been a big fan of the online play for open world games. I tried it a little bit on GTA5 and Red Dead Redemption but didn't really like it. But at least those games gave you the choice of when you did and didn't want to play with other players.

There's so much other stuff to do and I get so little time to play that I simply don't have time to mess around with someone else. So I finally just shut off the internet connection. Problem solved.

Yeah, I found this pretty annoying, too. From a gameplay standpoint it wasn't that bad, but it didn't always work. But as you said, I'm doing s***, leave me alone. I did like that game though.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 08:44 AM)

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)
Yeah, I found this pretty annoying, too. From a gameplay standpoint it wasn't that bad, but it didn't always work. But as you said, I'm doing s***, leave me alone. I did like that game though.

There is an option to turn it off...right in the game options.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/05/27/tu...ox-playstation/

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 02:22 AM)
That being said, Watch Dogs was a really cool game with a really fun, unique idea. However, the story was just garbage and the main character was unlikable. Both things they can easily fix if they make a sequel.

Also, Chicago was awesome to cruise around in.

I basically only bought it because it takes place here.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 02:15 AM)
Played Fallout 4 for a couple hours at a friends house. Thought it was pretty cool. Still not my type of game, but if I were to get it for free or like $10 on some Steam sale, I probably would play it.

LOL, Fallout 4 is one of the biggest productions of the year that hundreds of people worked on for years. Meanwhile, you're willing to throw them a bone for $10, or 83% off. How generous of you.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 02:20 AM)
There is an option to turn it off...right in the game options.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/05/27/tu...ox-playstation/

I know that. He did it himself. I tried it originally and then stopped using it.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 11:54 AM)
LOL, Fallout 4 is one of the biggest productions of the year that hundreds of people worked on for years. Meanwhile, you're willing to throw them a bone for $10, or 83% off. How generous of you.

Do you buy every major production game that is released, even if it is not a type of game you enjoy or are interested in buying, simple because you feel some sort of guilt over people getting paid to work it on for years??

What a weird comment to make.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 01:51 AM)
Do you buy every major production game that is released, even if it is not a type of game you enjoy or are interested in buying, simple because you feel some sort of guilt or people getting paid to work it on for years??

What a weird comment to make.

Then don't buy it. Don't wait for it to be free.