2015 Videogame thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)
I thought there was always a cutoff button

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
There has been lol.

Wrong. There has always been a "throw to cut off" button. This is the ability to cut a throw that has already been made. You have already hit X to throw to home, and mid-flight, you can force your fielder to cut the throw provided that the throw is able to be cut. It's a brand new feature this year, I promise you.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 08:12 PM)
Wrong. There has always been a "throw to cut off" button. This is the ability to cut a throw that has already been made. You have already hit X to throw to home, and mid-flight, you can force your fielder to cut the throw provided that the throw is able to be cut. It's a brand new feature this year, I promise you.

MVP always had that, and I always missed it with MLB the Show. Great addition.

Noob question here: do you get better rewards if you play Diamond Dynasty online instead of against the CPU? I'd prefer to hold off on online because 1) I'm terrible. I have about as much plate discipline as Juan Uribe after doing an 8-ball, 2) The best players on my team right now are Patrick Corbin, Brandon Crawford and Jarrod Saltalamacchia and I start multiple hitters in the 60's.

Not sure which thread to put this in, but I purchased mlbtv this year and i downloaded the app on my ps3 to stream games through. Everything works great except there is no sound to go with the video. Has anyone else had this issue?

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 12:15 PM)
Noob question here: do you get better rewards if you play Diamond Dynasty online instead of against the CPU? I'd prefer to hold off on online because 1) I'm terrible. I have about as much plate discipline as Juan Uribe after doing an 8-ball, 2) The best players on my team right now are Patrick Corbin, Brandon Crawford and Jarrod Saltalamacchia and I start multiple hitters in the 60's.

If you play extra innings, there's probabilities for what players you'll get after you win the game. I don't think online gives you much better probabilities, especially since you're in the lowest division right now.

I played one online game. Pitching is way too easy, hitting is way too hard (no guess pitch online), and there was fielding lag all over the place. I think I'll stick to playing against the CPU for now.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 01:32 PM)
If you play extra innings, there's probabilities for what players you'll get after you win the game. I don't think online gives you much better probabilities, especially since you're in the lowest division right now.

I played one online game. Pitching is way too easy, hitting is way too hard (no guess pitch online), and there was fielding lag all over the place. I think I'll stick to playing against the CPU for now.

Yeah, I was talking about the odds. When I do it against the CPU, it's something like 18.8% for silver, I think 4 or 5% for gold and 1% for Diamond. I guess the easier answer is just try them when I boot it up later.

I don't know if anyone is on the fence about buying The Show or not, but some buddies of mine starts a website for games and movies and other stuff I guess, and they asked me to write a review for The Show. So I crapped out a 1300 word review tonight in about an hour if anyone needs an opinion before purchasing. I think he said he would publish the article tomorrow.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 12:55 AM)
I think I'm going to wait on the show until the new rosters come out, and a few patches come out. Really want it, but want to start a franchise with the full minors.

May as well just get it now and start building your DD or RTTS player while you wait. I never start my franchise until the OSFM rosters are done, which is always at least a month.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 11:37 PM)
I don't know if anyone is on the fence about buying The Show or not, but some buddies of mine starts a website for games and movies and other stuff I guess, and they asked me to write a review for The Show. So I crapped out a 1300 word review tonight in about an hour if anyone needs an opinion before purchasing. I think he said he would publish the article tomorrow.

Link?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 06:07 PM)
So I bit the bullet and picked up the Show. Just doing exhibitions to get timing down, and waiting for the roster updates to come out.

Few thoughts.

1. Hitting is much more difficult from what I have expierenced. I can't hit home runs to save my life, aside from a few odd shots with Flowers and LaRoach.

2. I hate base running with multiple guys on base. Way too much chaos, and it's cost me a ton of runs by guys not advancing. I tried to put it on auto base running, then I had Abreu and Melky both make awful steal attempts, so that clearly isn't going to be an option.

3. Why does Abreu have so many cold zones? I hit well with him, but when Miguel Cabrea comes up, his entire batting zone is red. Abreu has like 6 blue zones. What the hell?

4. Not sure I like it or not, but I noticed when in a playoff series, when your starter is up to pitch again later in the series, his energy is usually only around 80 or 85 percent.

I like the game, but some things for sure need to be tweek, hopefully I can start to play with the sliders once I get better.

Hitting is definitely a pain in the ass. You are not alone.

The controls for a single baserunner took me a while to get used to. What you have to do is push the left stick in the direction of the guy you want to advance and then hit the button for the base you want him to go to. So if you have runners at the corners for a sack fly, you push the left stick to the left and hit "x" to send the runner at 3rd.

I'm guessing you were facing a righty with Abreu. I can't check the exact ratings right now because the server is acting up, but his contact rating is uneven. He's like 96/92 power, but something like 82/67 contact.