Spring Training

sin city sox fan

I've unfortunately missed the last couple years in Arizona, but I'm so excited about the upcoming season that I think a trip is mandatory.

I'm looking at going the second week in March to take in the Coyotes vs Blackhawks game as well.

Anyone else headed out there that time? I'm thinking about getting a seat Sunday in the Eighteen / 76 Legends Deck. Is this new? (I don't remember it before). If anyone has any experience with this section, please let me know.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 10:01 PM)
I've unfortunately missed the last couple years in Arizona, but I'm so excited about the upcoming season that I think a trip is mandatory.

I'm looking at going the second week in March to take in the Coyotes vs Blackhawks game as well.

Anyone else headed out there that time? I'm thinking about getting a seat Sunday in the Eighteen / 76 Legends Deck. Is this new? (I don't remember it before). If anyone has any experience with this section, please let me know.

I go to Spring Training every year. I have family there, and it's perfect for me to take a vacation to see them at that time. A few years back I was fortunate enough to go to a White Sox spring training game at Camelback Ranch, and then zip on over to the Coyotes facility to see the Hawks. AJ Pierzynski dropped the puck. It was a good time, and you will have one too.

This year, while I'd love to go when you are going, my girlfriend is also going with me and her spring break isn't until the latter portion of the month. On the plus side, I'm going to go to both Cubs vs Sox games and it will be later in spring training when some of the younger guys you don't want to see are cut. It's gonna be a darn good time, as usual!

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 11:31 PM)
I go to Spring Training every year. I have family there, and it's perfect for me to take a vacation to see them at that time. A few years back I was fortunate enough to go to a White Sox spring training game at Camelback Ranch, and then zip on over to the Coyotes facility to see the Hawks. AJ Pierzynski dropped the puck. It was a good time, and you will have one too.

This year, while I'd love to go when you are going, my girlfriend is also going with me and her spring break isn't until the latter portion of the month. On the plus side, I'm going to go to both Cubs vs Sox games and it will be later in spring training when some of the younger guys you don't want to see are cut. It's gonna be a darn good time, as usual!

Speaking of AJ, the Braves signed him this week.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jan 8, 2015 -> 04:23 PM)
I am going to spring training this year for the first weekend in March.

We are staying in Phoenix, has anybody done this before? Is there a public transportation option to get to glendale or will we need a cab?

Thanks, Joe

Not much public transportation to speak of in the Phoenix area. The cab option is doable, but it will get pretty pricey. Can you rent a car?

Myself and a few others wrote some long detailed posts about spring training and phoenix last season in a spring training thread. I can't find it now myself, but it's worth finding and reposting here if you can.

I moved to Florida from AZ this summer, figures our Sox would finally give me something to see after 7 years. My last 4 ST WSox games the sox scored 0 runs, COMBINED.